Financial Analyst - FP&A
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Financial Analyst - FP&A-OVE00213 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Financial Analyst for FP&A is responsible for analyzing and communicating the financial performance for assigned business area. A critical component of this position is to transform financial data into information of value to the businesses financial and decision making processes. This role may be focused on customer segments, supply chain, or performance for the business.
50% Analysis and Reporting
- Key partner with business and FP&A team to Identify analytics needs of internal teams through a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making, performance, and business growth.
- Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness, including identification of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
- Monitor operational performance including variance analysis and comparison against forecast and budget.
- Assist with monthly reporting (regional and global) and communicate results to the business teams.
25% Financial Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Preparation of financial business plan, forecasts and budget.
- Assist in competitor and benchmarking analysis
- Perform ERP optimization analysis
- Capital analysis for plant improvements and other growth opportunities.
- Identify improvement opportunities and present the supporting information
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis to support revenue and cost scenarios
- Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability- Vet
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a financial role, preferably in a business analysis role
- Proven experience in identifying key metrics, developing reports and analytical views in business intelligence tools
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- Collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills
- Result driven, open personality with a pro-active attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong team player able to work and communicate effectively using virtual technology
- Enthusiastic hands-on and can-do mentality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Excel Skills.
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Occasional travel can be required. (up to10%)
- Previous Budgeting and Forecasting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP experience (prefer SAP)
- Applicable industry experience
Primary Location US-KS-Overland Park
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Financial Analyst - FP&A
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly