Global FSQR Supplier and External Manufacturer (SEM) Lead
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global FSQR Supplier and External Manufacturer (SEM) Lead-HOP04167 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position will lead the ongoing implementation, management and continuous improvement of food safety, quality and regulatory management processes and systems related to the evaluation, qualification and monitoring of ingredient suppliers and external manufacturers to the Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) enterprise. As a key member of the CAN Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Team, the Global FSQR Supplier and External Manufacturer (SEM) Lead must have in-depth knowledge, experience and the know-how with regard to qualification processes for ingredient suppliers and external manufacturers. This position will need to connect the dots across a global business and move beyond the obvious to drive improvement.
This position will partner with procurement (Risk Management & Sourcing), technical services (Strategic Marketing & Technology) and enterprise businesses to drive improvement and compliance, collaborate and align on strategic goals, and leverage knowledge. The position will be directly accountable for qualification of suppliers that are sourced for global distribution with heavy emphasis on micro-ingredients. This position has direct and indirect reports.
30% - Lead ongoing implementation, management and continuous improvement of food safety, quality and regulatory management processes and systems related to the evaluation, qualification and monitoring of ingredient suppliers and external manufacturers and ensure related processes and systems are in alignment with corporate and enterprise expectations and policies.
30% - Perform prevention activities and issue resolution - ensures connectivity and collaboration between key global functions and across multiple businesses in a region, including mediation and resolution of issues. Provide guidance and troubleshooting across the enterprise on the SEM process. Is a key participant in crisis management teams and proactively anticipates and manages risk.
20% - Develop a high performing extended team of direct and indirect reports focused on SEM. Assists with talent selection and development of employees in businesses across the globe. This includes calibrating team, training and ensuring auditors are qualified.
10% - Develop and champion process enablement strategies that go beyond the ordinary to drive efficiencies and continuous improvement, including IT system alignment, quality process and ingredient / raw material specifications.
10% - Other FSQR duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• 4-year degree in science or business discipline
• 10 years experience in a processing environment (food, feed, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc.)
• 5 years project management and / or managerial skills
• 5 years experience interacting with external stakeholders (suppliers, certification bodies, auditing, etc.)
• Prior experience leading a body of work or a team
• Experience managing through ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous environments and utilize active inquiry skills
• Proven ability to collaborate closely with others to accomplish work
• Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated effective ability to teach / coach others outside reporting relationships
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to speak and write fluent English
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and mediate conflict; ability to develop solutions that all parties fell are equitable
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings
• 10 years Food/Feed Safety, Quality, and Auditing systems including HACCP experience.
• Demonstrated effective commercial problem solving / decision making
• Proven ability to prioritize effectively, and plan time-lines to complete important projects on time
• Ability to successfully lead and complete complex projects involving multiple stakeholder groups.
• Advanced Degree
• Degrees directly relevant to food or feed safety
• Laboratory experience
• Experience in China
• Multicultural agility
• Animal food / feed knowledge and related global regulations
• Understanding of chemical synthesis and fermentation processes, vitamin stability and manufacturing, micro nutrient knowledge and risks associated with ingredients and raw materials for animals
• Demonstrated leadership and system skills and an ability to develop team members
• Analytical skillsEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Global FSQR Supplier and External Manufacturer (SEM) Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly