Quality Assurance Supervisor
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor in Canada for Chatham, Ontario site. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor reports to QA Manager and is directly responsible for the oversight of the QA/Lab activities of Barry Callebaut Chatham facility. Supervisor will provide auditing support for compliance to quality management systems (QMS) implementation, British Retail Consortium (BRC) food safety standard requirements and laboratory analysis of incoming and finished products. They will provide site guidance, support and direction to ensure industry standard food safety systems are implemented and effective. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will provide customer support for specific product complaints. Essential Functions
- Oversee, support of the quality assurance and food safety management systems at the Chatham facility.
- Oversee, support and guidance for obtaining QMS / BRC compliance.
- Oversee the implementation of corrective action associated with all gaps identified in the internal QMS annual audit.
- Provide support to correct key customer complaints.
- Provide support for any quality and food safety incident.
- Provide coordination of facility inspections/audits aimed at ensuring compliance to BC minimum requirements and continual improvement.
- Support 1+ and Quality Culture, Continuos Improvement processes.
- Ensure all incoming ingredients, chemicals, and packaging materials are sampled, inspected, and approved for use in the plant.
- Establish and maintain a Master Sanitation Schedule for the entire facility and coordinate sanitation and cleaning program.
- Oversee laboratory equipment and QC material supply inventories.
- Responsible for vacation coverage in the QC lab when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meets/Exceeds requirements for food and employee safety.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Food Science or equivalent or engineering degree with 3 plus years in food industry.
- A minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience in managing food safety and/or Quality Assurance programs.
- Training in Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) food safety standards - : British Retail Consortium (BRC) will be an asset.
- Sound understanding of food safety regulations.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team are required (computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required).
- Extensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring and Facility/Equipment Design.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion.
At Barry Callebaut, we can offer you a challenging and dynamic international environment that includes a broad range of opportunities for personal growth and development. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a career in the wonderful world of cocoa and chocolate. Barry Callebaut is an equal opportunity employer, commited to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees. Should you require any acommodations during the recruitment/interview process, please contact the Human Ressources at the Chatham site for assistance
Apply for Quality Assurance Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly