Electrical Supervisor-WAS00037 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for overall plant electrical and automation systems.
This includes scheduling, planning, prioritizing work, purchasing, employee supervision, supervision of contractors and training and development.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise and management for overall plant electrical and automation systems.
As a member of the plant supervisory staff, this position is responsible for coordinating closely with production and maintenance departments to ensure the electrical and automation needs of the plant are met.
30% - Responsible for the supervision and work schedule of all electricians and the work performed by both plant and contract electricians.
25% - Assist as needed with electrical projects; oversee and manage electrical Maintenance.20% - Responsible for electric preventive maintenance schedule. 10% - Troubleshooting & problem solving of equipment.
15% - Employee training/development; Maintain Arc Flash NFPA 70E Programs
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or 5 plus years of facility electrical engineering experience in an industrial or food commodity processing environment.• General knowledge of industry practices/standards and relevant knowledge and experience in business practices.• 2 years PLC related experience (Allen Bradley preferred). • Working knowledge of HMI's - (Allen Bradley preferred). • 2 years' experience with industrial power wiring. • Knowledge of NFPA 70E - Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
• Working knowledge of medium voltage 4160V distribution and low voltage: 480V / 240V / 120V systems.• Knowledge of NEC electrical codes and predictive technologies including IR and MCA/MCE.• Strong troubleshooting skills using electrical schematics and test instruments.• Strong organizational skills and communication abilities.• Demonstrated leadership, training capabilities and the ability to work under minimum supervision.• Demonstrated safety leadership.• Responsible for the security and condition of all Motor Control Centers.• Ability to read and update electrical schematics (preferably using AutoCAD).• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
• Experience supervising industrial electrical crews.
• General understanding of principles, theories, concepts and analysis, and deep knowledge of one job area.• Familiarity with Maximo or other CMMS programs.• Computer, Network & IT related experience.• Familiarity with OSI Soft PI or equivalent program.• Previous grain export / bulk handling experience.• Experience with radio communications networks.
• Possess or ability to obtain a valid electrical license or certificate issued by the State of Washington.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-WA-Kalama
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job