Star Quality Assurance Tech
Star Quality Assurance Tech-NAS00056 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The main purpose of this position is to support and verify adherence to all USDA, GMPs, and Regulations. Also to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed.
50% Enter first responsibility here—change all percentages to reflect position duties…Read and interpret and understand all product specifications and plant quality control and other related programs. Performing continuous inspection of employee, facility and product for compliance with USDA, GMP, HACCP and company quality assurance policies, programs, etc., and make appropriate decisions.
25% Enter second responsibility here.. Monitor all steps of the production process for correctness, supports and contributes to effective quality efforts by adhering to established GMP and HACCP policies, regulations, and procedures, and also supports and contributes to effective quality and sanitation efforts by adhering to established company and USDA policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
15% Inspect facility during production daily for GMP and SSOP deficiencies, inform Production Supervisors, QA Management, and Leads on any product and sanitation deficiencies and check product labels and code dates for correctness.
10% Perform calibration of all machines in Quality Assurance Lab. Obtain product samples and test samples for the following: Piece weight, sieves, temperature, raw fat %, finished fat %, salt %, color, shape, micro samples, and retain samples. Record all product sample results on monitoring paperwork and enter data into spreadsheets.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as product specifications, formulas, etc.
- Requires sufficient language comprehension to understand, communicate and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to take direction from Management.
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance in food manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work in demanding fast paced food manufacturing facility in cold or hot temperatures with high noise levels, wet and slippery conditions and with a variety of team members with differing work functions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks; prioritize and organize job tasks; and maintain a high level of efficiency.
- Physical conditions must be such to perform duties of the job. Must be able to stand and work during the entire shift. The position requires walking, reaching, climbing, bending, twisting pushing/pulling and lifting/carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds, and other physical capabilities as required. May be required to move items over 50 pounds utilizing carts or other containers.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-TN-Nashville
Job Type Standard
Shift Evening Job