Region Safety Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Lead the assigned Region in a definitive improvement effort to achieve world class safety, health and environment (SH&E) performance.
- Adopt a zero tolerance for injuries and incidents and drive this mentality throughout the Region. Manage the safety triangle to drive ZERO injuries/incidents.
- Provide leadership and resource support to Regional and Area Safety Leadership Councils.
- Partner with safety coordinators and safety system leaders to ensure that all systems are fully developed and implemented within the assigned Region.
- Ensure assigned Region meets all DOT, OSHA, EPA and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements, including all Nestle risk management, insurance, fire and security requirements.
- Conduct regular walk-through of all work areas to identify hazards, evaluate controls, recommend improvements and communicate with team members. Promote safety visibility.
- Determine SH&E best practices and train individuals/teams. Accomplish all regulatory training and related activities.
- Lead formal incident investigations to identify root causes. Drive corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage modified work programs to ensure timely rehabilitation of disabled employees. Serve as the liaison with medical providers/clinic.
- Manage workers' compensation claims and partner with the insurance carrier to promote quality care and cost effective outcomes.
- Actively participate as a key member of the National SH&E Network.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Management, Engineering, or similar field
- 5 years of experience creating, executing and managing a region-based safety and training program
- Thorough knowledge of OHSA and state regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative without external direction
- Computer skills including all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Apply for Region Safety Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly