Subcategory Lead - Mechanical and Piping Contractor Services
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Subcategory Lead - Mechanical and Piping Contractor Services-WAY05683 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement is a global organization with regional category teams in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific that, along with a strong core team and procurement alignment, are implementing new sourcing strategies to support Cargill businesses and functions. Strategic Sourcing & Procurement employees gain broad exposure to Cargill businesses as they drive tangible value for the organization.
Regional category teams are organized around 5 category areas that drive spend activity for chemicals/energy, ingredients, packaging, plant materials and services, and corporate materials and services. Regional category teams develop and drive regional and global category strategies to leverage Cargill's position in the market, drive stronger connectivity, accountability and relationships with Cargill businesses, and clearly understand the requirements of the businesses they support. This position is primarily responsible to develop category knowledge/best practices to lead total cost of ownership efforts for regional PM&S (Plant Materials & Services) sub-categories of Mechanical & Piping Services. This position reports directly into the Construction & Maintenance Services Lead for North America and is key to our internal relationship with Operations and Maintenance.
50% - Sub-Category Management and Strategy
- Develop & maintain expertise in specific subcategories, such as Millwright, Pipefitting, and Insulation as part of the Maintenance and Construction Services team. Position will be responsible for the OPEX and CAPEX spend of the categories.
- Lead the Sub-Category and development of the Mechanical and Piping Services by engaging key stakeholders and bring industry knowledge and best approach to management
- Facilitate implementation of category projects down through business enterprises to the facilities.
- Develop and maintain the Supplier Relationship Strategy and Key Performance Indicators for the Category and specific contracts
- Continue to seek new ways to bring value to Cargill through intimate understanding of business needs and industry developments/benchmarks.
- Seek to develop relationships with diverse suppliers as part of Cargill's commitment to the community.
20% - Analysis and Recommendations
- Develop detailed understanding of the current subcategory activity within Cargill, e.g., subcategory spend profile, supplier performance, best practice benchmarking and sharing
- 4 year degree in an a technical field (engineering and supply chain) or business
- 4 or more years of plant operations and/or maintenance experience
- Strong analytical, business process analysis & problem solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate initiatives in a virtual team environment
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience managing Industrial and Construction Service suppliers
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and database skills
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience negotiating contracts
- Multiple Business Unit experience
- Expertise in managing Construction and Maintenance Services Vendors
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of strategy development
- 4 year degree in Engineering
- Background in Lean Six Sigma
- Familiar with Business Analytics Tools (Zycus), Ariba eSourcing and Contracts, Ariba Procure to X, SAP
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Subcategory Lead - Mechanical and Piping Contractor Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly