Feed Operations Manager III
Feed Operations Manager III-BLA01178 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
From frosting on birthday cakes to the fuel in your car, Cargill Starches & Sweeteners North America (Starches & Sweeteners NA) is a part of your life in more ways than you would imagine. Leading national brands choose Starches & Sweeteners NA to develop, manufacture, and deliver ingredients that differentiate their food and beverage products in the marketplace. In addition, Starches & Sweeteners NA unlocks the goodness of the common corn kernel to create ingredients that are used in cattle feed, plastics, food packaging and medicines. Starches & Sweeteners NA also markets its own national brands, such as Truvia®, a zero-calorie sweetener, and Sweet Bran®, a value-added cattle feed. BIOasis™ is a feedstock co-location partnership program that offers over the fence product to bio-processing and biotechnology companies. Starches & Sweeteners NA employs more than 2,400 people and operates facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.
The Feed Operations Manager III position is responsible for overall management responsibilities of all aspects of operations, asset management, environmental compliance, and safety for the department. This position provides the vision and guidance to ensure all personnel operate the department to required standards in the areas of safety, food safety, environment, quality, customer service, operational excellence, engagement, and continuous improvement.
40% Develop and manage product line budget and P&L. Oversee operations to ensure total customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and operations excellence.
25% Development and supervision of direct and indirect reports (coaching, PMP's). Work with peers at location in establishing consistent personnel policies. Lead facility in a manner that leads to an engaged team, drives customer focus, and continuous improvement.
20% Ensure safe work environment, a safe work culture, and environmental compliance for product area.
10% Pursue continuous improvement through leadership and vision. Continue to improve cost position of refinery and manage PPM portfolio for new products, services, and technologies.
5% Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED with minimum 10 years technical experience.
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience between operations management and project management.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Cargill's food safety, HR, OSHA, Environmental and overall EHS program
- Ability to effectively manage operating personnel
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all appropriate personnel and function areas in Cargill
- Ability to effectively manage outside consultants and contractors.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Miscrosoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performanc review and discipline.
- Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results thorugh others.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to promote and work within an inclusive environment.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Primary Location US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job