Transportation Supervisor - Glendale Heights, IL
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible the coaching, training, and disciplining of the local drivers. The incumbent is also responsible for facilitating safety committee meetings, administering company policies and procedures, cost savings initiatives, and projects. The Supervisor is also responsible for backing up Terminal Manager roles as required.
JOB DESCRIPTION (brief):
• Supervise employees in accordance with company policies of drivers
• Maintain positive internal & external customer relations
• Develop/ Monitor KPI to meet or exceed set goals
• Monitor drivers daily to ensure compliance with both Nestle and DOT requirements
• Monitor equipment utilization to improve overall cost structure and service levels
• Analyze transportation costs, fleet equipment availability and service levels to ensure best value options are being implemented
• Collaborate with and across fleet, D.C. Operations, Logistics Control Center and Nestle divisions to ensure best practices and operational synergies are being achieved.
• Monitor and correct driver daily logs to ensure compliance
• Train and develop drivers on tools necessary for job functions
• Participate in NCE process for fleet operations including WOR's and MOR's
• Experience in the Transportation Industry and rules, regulations, and policies
• Effective Change Agent; adaptable with ability to drive and support change
• Strong oral and & written communication skills
• Well organized with the ability to multi-task
• Continuous Process Improvement Focus
• Flexibility to work varied schedules
• Strong tactical planning & execution focus
• Strong Problem solving Skills
• Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Four year college degree preferred.
10-20% travel within region
• 2 years of transportation/logistics experience
• Proven results driven approach in the logistics field
• Proven people management skills
• Transportation systems experience
• Carrier/Customer/facilities management experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
• Strong analytical and financial skills
• Ability to work collaboratively - within and outside of a team environment.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
• Ability to handle the stress of an operational environment.
• Strong communications and presentation skills.
Apply for Transportation Supervisor - Glendale Heights, IL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly