Communication Lead Global Hr
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Communication Lead Global Hr-UNI05168 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill's global human resources team is undertaking a function-wide transformation designed to support the company's new strategic direction and emphasis on high performance. Guided by a new HR strategy that is focused on evolving our culture, developing our leaders, and engaging our people, the HR team worldwide is transforming every aspect of the way it operates to unleash the power of our people in support of our business objectives. This strategy is powered by a new operating model that includes Centers of Expertise (COE) to provide thought leadership, strategies, and solutions; Business HR to support leadership teams; and Global HR Solutions to deliver HR processes and solutions. The structure is supported by the rollout of a new common technology platform for data management with improved service delivery.
Within this dynamic, fast-paced environment, we are looking for a seasoned communications executive who will use his or her extensive understanding of internal, external and marketing communications practices to develop a comprehensive global communication strategy and communication plans that drive change, build employee engagement, and position HR leaders internally and externally. The person will have a track record of success with developing compelling narratives; executive presentations; public relations and crisis management; and digital, social and traditional communications channels. The leader will work closely with HR leadership in a consulting and advising capacity, including providing support to the Chief HR Officer's additional capacity as a member of the Cargill Executive Team.
Because of the strategic significance and role of the HR organization to Cargill overall, the HR communications leader will partner with Cargill Corporate Affairs to build out communications strategies for certain HR-driven efforts that are integral to Cargill's reputation and brand, including talent management, performance management and inclusion and diversity. In addition, this leader will work closely with HR leaders as well as Corporate Affairs to develop and integrate the employee value proposition within appropriate communication narratives and strategies. Similarly, this partnership with Corporate Affairs will be central to HR-related community engagement strategies, and doing both proactive and reactive management of crises and issues originating in the HR organization. Finally, this role will have a strategic partnership with Corporate Affairs' government relations/issues management in managing HR related responses to local, state, and federal (country) issues.
The HR communications leader will have a dual reporting relationship into Cargill's Corporate Affairs and HR.
70% - Internal/External Communications
- Develops and executes a comprehensive internal and external communications and change strategy for HR overall and for each of the domain areas
- Establishes and oversees the communications narrative and message framework for HR and each of the domains, evolving and communicating the vision real-time as the business strategy evolves
- Directs global communications efforts to engage HR employees, drive cultural change, increase function literacy, support and manage significant change, and maintain focus on delivering results in service to the businesses
- Manages communications support (strategy and execution) for a function-wide portfolio of projects and change management initiatives
- Provides air traffic control and editorial direction for a wide array of communications channels and forums designed to engage the HR job family and align them with the strategic agenda of the function
- Coaches HR leadership on how to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Collaborates with Corporate Affairs and Law on proactive and reactive media relations, corporate responsibility, community engagement and issues management
- Develops metrics and measurement processes to allow continual improvement and ongoing actions to ensure continued, sustainable results
- Guides the work of others to develop and deliver highly-effective and engaging communications strategies and implementation of tactics
20% - People/Budget Management
- Partners with members of the Corporate Affairs leadership team to develop, manage and engage Corporate Affairs job family talent
- Manages and provides coaching to professionals working within the function, including the modeling of Cargill's Leadership Expectations
- Leads the selection of communications team members within the function, and helps plan for future workforce needs
- Manages budget associated with communications within the function and works with Corporate Affairs globally on identifying and executing on function priorities
10% - Crisis/Issues Management/Government Relations
- Works closely with Corporate Affairs in the event of crises/issues/government relations to ensure that actions taken are consistent with protecting and advancing Cargill's brand and reputation
- Provides guidance and direction to HR leadership in these situations
- Ensures appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place while working with Law and Corporate Affairs
- Bachelor's Degree: preferably in journalism or equivalent, communications, marketing, public relations, English or related liberal arts field
- 15 years experience as a communications professional
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading teams and developing people
- Experience counseling senior leadership
- Experience leading internal communications and change to navigate ambiguity and help build new organizations
- Experience with media relations, issues management, and crisis communications
- Excellent communicator - communicates effectively through written and oral communications and has exceptional skills in helping leaders and organizations define and develop messages that are clear, concise, creative and persuasive
- Stakeholder engagement and management - ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Change management expertise
- Ability to synthesize diverse activities into a clear and compelling framework that helps stakeholders understand how discrete actions support a broader agenda
- Strong coaching and influencing skills and experience working in a communications counselor capacity with senior leaders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strategic Approach - keen analytical and strategic planning skills to develop communications and issues management plans that reflect the company's strategy and help advance business growth
- Ability to Influence - leads and communicates effectively in complex, competitive and political environments and deliver results
- Business Acumen - develops a deep understanding of the company's business strategies, industry dynamics and the portfolio of its businesses -- how it makes money and enables its customers to thrive
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking - approaches challenges and problems in a rational, thoughtful manner that assures understanding and effective resolution
- Emotional Intelligence - builds engaged, enthusiastic teams and motivates others to excel; and personal courage and resilience to deal with a wide range of challenges
- Curiosity - demonstrates an intense desire to explore, discover and create
- Execution Management - collaborates effectively with business leaders and partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges and alignment with business imperatives. Has strong project management skills and delivers results
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Some flexibility will be required to connect with colleagues and markets in different time zones
- Master's degree or post-bachelor study in business, journalism or relevant field
- Experience leading communications in large, global companies
- Experience in human resources or large corporate function
- Experience leading online communications strategies including website, e-mail, social media, or mobile communication.
- Experience working in ‘matrixed' environment
- Organizational effectiveness, leadership coaching
- Fluency in language other than English
If selected for the interview process, you will be required to complete an assessment as part of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location United States
Other Locations US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Communication Lead Global Hr
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly