Food Safety QA Manager
Our client is a fresh foods manufacturer in Detroit that is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team. This is a great option to become a leader in a new and growing company that offers you the ability to take a commanding role and be on the ground floor of a future leader in the Michigan food industry.
We are looking for someone to:
- Handling all plant product quality and food safety programs and ensuring product and processes are consistent and meet specifications.
- Perform analysis on raw material, packages and finished products
- Lab testing as required - initiate, follow and distribute trials and results.
- Prepare technical reports on lab activity
- Develops documents and updates audit preparation procedures.
- Report all quality related non-conformities in regards to raw materials, semi-finished products and finished packaged products
The background we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related is field preferred.
- Have 2 – 3 years of experience in the food industry in a similar function
- Good knowledge of HACCP and GMP
- Understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with bonus and benefits.
- Ability to take ownership of a key function in a growing company.
- Great Opportunities for professional development.
Please send your resume in Word format to be considered for this brand new opportunity. Don’t forget to include any awards or achievements that you have earned throughout your career.