Financial Analyst (Supply Chain)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
• The role acts as key financial support for Supply Chain Waste Reduction Initiatives to the Business Support Lead Directors, Division Controllers, Co-Pilots (VP of Supply Chain Operations) and VP of Finance. In this respect, the financial analyst's role is to analyze, control, report and facilitate budgeting of approximately $130 Mio waste (spoils allowances, pre-salvage, salvage, product bad goods, product donations and other inventory write-offs).
• Manage month end close process and the monthly DF process for Spoils Allowances, Bad Goods, Donations and Salvage.
• Drive and engage organization on demand planning as leading indicator for Waste, including demand plan accuracy, new item bias, etc
• The analyst assists the Finance Manager to improve supply chain performance, identify and realize cost savings & working capital reduction initiatives, as well as support strategic network optimization projects, including:
o Provide timely and accurate management reporting of actual performance versus plan, latest DF, as well as initiatives to improve results
o Providing thorough, well-researched explanations of variances and recommendations on risks and opportunities to the Plan and DF
o Identify risks and opportunities in all areas all Supply Chain Waste, coordinate with Divisions and appropriately update the DF.
o Analyzing current and past trends on key performance indicators
o Provide analysis and insights on savings initiatives and capital projects, including financial outcomes of “what if” scenarios
o Deliver demand plan accuracy reporting linked to Waste performance
• Individual in this role needs to successfully work across several Nestle USA businesses and functions with colleagues at different levels within Supply Chain, Operations, Sales and Finance. The scope of this role supports Nestle USA businesses as well as Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Professional.
• Work collaboratively with other Supply Chain Finance team members to improve processes in reporting, forecasting and budgeting activities through automation, consolidation, and quality improvements
• Understand and comply with Nestle accounting standards and costing standards for areas of responsibility. Understand importance of maintaining an appropriate control environment to mitigate risk to the business.
• Work on special projects on an ad hoc basis.
• Prepare management presentations as needed for business partners.
Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor Degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
• 3-5 years financial analysis experience required
• Microsoft Office proficiency, including expert Excel skills required
• Proven track record working in cross-functional teams
• Costing Standards and basic Accounting knowledge
• Experienced in communication with peers and senior management
• Analysis, forecasting, budgeting experience
• Strong project management skills
• SAP/Oracle or other ERP experience a plus
•Business Objects experience
• Supply Chain knowledge a plus
-Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
-Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
-Must be able to effectively present financial information and analysis to non-finance management.
-Knowledge and understanding of general accounting
-Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Willingness to learn in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Apply for Financial Analyst (Supply Chain)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly