Network Design & Optimization Lead - Business Operations and Supply Chain
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Network Design & Optimization Lead - Business Operations and Supply Chain-WAY05686 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: Position located in Twin Cities, MN; would require Cargill Sponsored relocation.
The Network Design & Optimization Lead is the face of the Supply Chain Planning COE to the businesses and is well-versed with Network Design and Optimization Processes. A thought leader in Network Design and optimization, they will lead optimization projects for businesses to find synergies, reduce costs and drive growth. This challenging role requires not only deep expertise in Network Design and Optimization, but the ability to apply the knowledge and teach others, to achieve business transformations. The Supply Chain Planning COE is a critical part of the Supply Chain Planning Function in BOSC and this work is critical to the success of the COE. The COE will enable Cargill to leverage strong foundational processes to drive efficiencies across the organization.
40% Optimization Analysis
- Lead Network Design and Optimization projects across different businesses.
- Interface with business leads across corporate, enterprise group and business levels as well as Global SCP COE leadership to identify opportunities and prioritization.
- Work with Business group and Functional senior leadership to proactively identify network optimization opportunities in businesses
10% Business Sustainment
- Deliver functional training to leadership and embedded planning resources.
- Lead business reviews of implementation projects.
- Maintain functional understanding of network design and optimization technologies
5% Corporate Wide Support
- Develop global job catalog and career path in Supply Chain Planning/Network Design and Optimization area.
10% Capability Excellence
- Thought leader in Network Design and Optimization.
- Develop, implement and govern leading practices in delivering Network Design and Optimization project.
- Accountable for (Approver of) overarching network optimization standards and best practices; first line of approval for updates to standards and best transferable practices
35% Hire, train, develop team members
- Report to Global SCP COE Lead.
- Manage 3-4 Network Design and Optimization Team Members.
- Manage team staffing and delivery for Network Design and Optimization projects.
- Develop functional skills of direct reports and train them to be future Supply Chain leaders with Cargill
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, Finance or related function
- 8 years of experience in Supply Chain or related function with at least 2 years in Network Optimization
- Broad end to end understanding of supply chain principles with deep expertise in network design and optimization
- Experience in leading and managing projects; ability to take ownership of the program deliverables, timeline, and budget; ensuring that individual project objectives are achieved on-time with a high degree of quality
- Experience in managing multiple projects / tasks with varying complexities
- Functional understanding of Llamasoft or other network optimization tools
- Ability to drive change and influence decision making through all levels across Cargill
- Proven experience in managing and developing teams / leading and influencing across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with people across various Cargill businesses, functions and organizational levels
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguity and prioritize competing priorities
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time - this will vary by project and evolution of team.
- Masters level degree or MBA or higher
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Other Locations US-FL-Miami, US-CO-Denver, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Houston, US-MN-Minneapolis, US-IL-Chicago
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Network Design & Optimization Lead - Business Operations and Supply Chain
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly