National Manager, HORECA
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
An essential element of our ongoing growth, the Retail team at Nestlé Waters is the perfect place for ambitious and aspiring individuals to achieve their dreams while building fulfilling careers. Roles on the Retail team include sales and account professionals and all offer the chance to truly impact our business at our hundreds of Retail partners. Pair this with the support you need to work with confidence - and triumph in everything you do and you have a winning combination. Join this part of Nestlé Waters, and you'll be able to use your talent to have a direct and meaningful impact on our success as you deliver healthy hydration to millions of our customers. Not only that, but you'll discover your accomplishments are recognized with a range of outstanding benefits designed to help you prosper both at work and outside of work.
We are currently seeking a National Manager, HORECA to be located in the North East and reporting to the Director, Retail. This position will be responsible for leading the National HORECA team (Hotels, Full Service Restaurants (incl. Fine Dining), and Cafes/Bars) to deliver the Foodservice MBS growth objectives.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Customer and Channel Planning: Ensure the development of Customer/Channel Plans for the On-Premise Territory Managers, Lodging Pillar lead and Full Service Restaurant Pillar Lead through application of the Foodservice MBS, ICP Strategies and the Channel Go-To-Market Guidelines (GTMg).
• Customers: Supervise the management and penetration of customers at all levels and develop effective and efficient coverage plans.
• Relationships: develop critical customer and industry relationships to enable the team to be successful.
• Teamwork: Lead the FSR Channel Pillar working closely with cross-functional colleagues including DSD, customer service, finance, supply chain, customer development and marketing.
• Premiumize: Leverage total portfolio mix to drive growth through premiumization.
• Profitability: Manage and own HORECA profitability through Division Marginal Contribution and effectively lead to accomplish assigned financial objectives
• HYDRO/SAM: Ensure all required information is accurately entered by KCMs into HYDRO and SAM on a timely basis.
• Trade Funds: Ensure spending programs for HORECA customers comply with approved trade fund spending levels and ensure compliance with Nestlé financial standards.
• Selling: Develop a strong Division selling team through KCM development and their delivery of effective selling presentations that implement approved Customer Plans.
• Negotiating: Coach Division KCMs in negotiations in order to improve customer performance throughout the year in all aspects of the Division's customers' businesses .
• Lead and Develop People: Lead and coach the team to meet the goals and objectives of NWNA. Develop team to identify short and long term development needs encouraging their individual learning by providing them with appropriate support and feedback. Implement PDP process with developmental plans for the team to include training and coaching opportunities to highlight strengths and focus on opportunities.
• MSA/VIP Management: In appropriate channels, ensure KCMs are gaining customer participation in the NWNA MSA program and ongoing, timely and accurate submission of data to MSA/VIP.
• Budgets: Manage budgets ( T&E, PFME, NPTE).
• Other responsibilities and activities as requested.
Key qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 10 years Sales management experience
• Customer Management experience in the Lodging and Full Service Restaurant Channel
• People management experience (direct / indirect)
• Experience and Ability to Coach KCMs In Following:
o Headquarters Management - Management of customer headquarter accounts and setting up and executing programs
o Customer Planning - Development of customer plans for headquarters accounts
o Trade Funds - Management of trade fund and activities and budgets in HYDRO that will impact volume
o Forecasting - Forecasting of volume (direct or indirect) on a monthly and annual basis in HYDRO and reconciliation of actual results versus forecast
o Customer Contribution - Management of customer contribution and ability to impact contribution drivers
o Product Portfolio - Management and selling of a portfolio of multiple brands / SKUs
o Channel Experience - Experience selling within a specific channel with knowledge of channel dynamics
• Skills and Ability To Coach KCMs In Following:
o Relationship Building - Skills at building and maintaining cross-functional relationships internally and customer relationships externally
o NCE/MOR - Establish an NCE way of working, leading team MOR with direct measures and activities feeding the total OOH OMP.
o Presentation Building Skills - Development of presentation documents drawing from all available sources
o Presenting Skills - Delivery of presentations in one-on-one or group situations to deliver a specific message and obtain a pre-planned result
o Negotiating Skills - The ability to achieve pre-planned results in a meeting or discussion by negotiating for those results with an individual or group
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?