Protein Technology & Applications Leader - Cargill Protein Group
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Protein Technology & Applications Leader - Cargill Protein Group-WIC03650 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
Responsible for leading and managing new technology development and applications within the plant operations space of the Cargill Protein Group. Leads professional team to identify and apply of new processes and technologies, assisting with high level problem solving, new production process development, food science application, technical sales support, and production process improvement. The purpose of this position is to: 1) Lead the technology and applications team, 2) Ensure alignment of team with business strategic objectives, 3) Manage department budget and accountability, 4) Act as primary lead for new technology exploration, 5) Intellectual Property leader within the manufacturing space.
60% Technology development/Value Creation / Optimization
• Champions technology development/application processes within the operations space. Leverages R&D /engineering resources across the entire business to provide project leadership and execution through the Portfolio Review Team process (PRT).
• Manages complex portfolio of projects including technology evaluation, process improvements, manufacturing problem solving, process automation development, and capital project development support.
• Contributes to business and customer strategy. Develops initiatives to align with, enable and support business and customer goals. Executes projects and initiatives to achieve goals.
• Provides strategic leadership for compliance and effective management of intellectual property.
20% Talent Management
• Provides strategic leadership, supervision and coaching to effectively manage performance, engage and develop employees to reach their full potential, including succession planning for direct reports.
• Manages employee safety processes for department employees.
10% Strategy and Leadership
• Provides overall plant technology development strategy and direction for the business to help drive long-term business growth objectives.
• Represents Cargill in relevant external organizations (universities, industry forums, government agencies, etc…) to develop/strengthen key relationships and anticipate/influence policy/legislative direction.
• Provides thought leadership to the business to ensure the project portfolio is appropriately balanced.
• Subject matter expert regarding relevant technologies and or sciences. Integrates various technologies to create new technical capabilities.
10% Resource and Budget Management
• Responsible for managing department budget and resources to achieve goals
• Analyzes and leverages organizational capabilities across the business to identify opportunities to improve performance and or create value beyond area of expertise.
• Bachelor's of Science degree or higher
• Previous experience in production process development, commercialization of new products, application and development of new technology, and/or research
• Highly motivated individual with strong background in scientific procedure and project management skills. Data analysis, experimental design, technical writing and effective communication.
• 10 years of technical and or business experience in meat processing, engineering/technology applications, meat science, microbiology and food safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• PhD or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in retail and/or food service, operations, and/or management
• Automation/technology development or application experience
• New product commercialization, food safety, beef processing, product management experience
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Protein Technology & Applications Leader - Cargill Protein Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly