Corporate Development Director
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Corporate Development Director-WAY05684 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Serving as an Enterprise, Group, Business and Function Leader counselor, is a leading expert in one significant geography, industry or functional sub specialty with demonstrated expertise in: Corporate Development Leadership, Transaction Execution, and People, Resource, and Budget Management across geographies and industries.
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT (70%)
- Leads and oversees CSD Corporate Development work by applying leading expertise to at least one significant specialty (geography, enterprise or function)
- Leads development of corporate objectives and plans to achieve growth and financial profitability for one significant sub-specialty area.
- Actively identifies and recommends potential business opportunities, maintains surveillance over the market, cultivates and leads transaction execution (including negotiations) with third parties (in partnership with commercial teams and CD functional teams).
- Structures, supervises, and ensures the quality of financial analyses of potential business combination opportunities.
- Acts as an advisor and counselor to Enterprise, Group and Business Leaders in the evaluation of domestic and international merger and acquisition activities, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, minority investments, and alternative business combinations. Understands, interprets and recommends on the impact of decisions to the organization's objectives and performance.
- Utilizes expert knowledge and experience of corporate development practices in leading and coaching appropriate cross-functional cultivation, transaction and integration teams.
- Develops strategic reports and leads presentations for Enterprise, Group and Business Leaders in reference to various business development metrics, performance, and other information pertinent to the profitability and growth of the organization.
- Manages new and existing relationships with business intermediaries and investment banks in a geographic region or Enterprise / industry of focus, in coordination with the CFO and Corporate Treasury.
REPRESENTATION & EXECUTION (10%)
- Can act as a primary spokesperson on corporate development matters with senior internal leaders (example: Cargill Board of Directors) and external parties (examples: Fortune 500 CEO's, CFO's, and senior governmental representatives).
- Builds and maintains relationships with consulting firms, investment banks, graduate business schools, and other external advisors in his/her geography or area of focus.
PEOPLE, RESOURCE, & BUDGET MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Provides input on the strategy, direction and goals for the recruitment of top talent for Corporate Strategy & Development.
- Provides input to the selection decisions for top talent in Corporate Strategy & Development.
- Acts as a hiring manager in hiring for select corporate development roles.
- Leads a portion of the design, development and execution of professional training and development programs.
- Provides extensive development and coaching to direct reports to prepare employees for placement into future leadership positions throughout all of Cargill.
- Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement directly and through subordinate managers.
- Leads and participates in the selection of staff and other employees; determines resource need, plans for future workforce needs, and approves selection decisions.
- Responsible for budgeting duties across at least one significant sub-specialty area.
- Post-graduate degree in business administration (MBA)
- 5 years successfully managing a diverse set of large, complex, cross-border corporate development projects
- 5 years of M&A experience in corporate development, investment banking and/or private equity
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Demonstrated results working with a virtual, global team environment
- Ability to work in a high energy environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
- Proven creativity and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and proven track record designing and managing corporate development projects resulting in business impact
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal with particular focus on ability to present succinct, clear messages to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, influencing, facilitation, and coordination skills to drive business outcomes
- Global experience and demonstrated cultural competence; demonstrated track record of promoting an inclusive environment.
- Strong change leadership experience, specifically in stakeholder management
- Ability to operate with ambiguity and manage emergent change
- Demonstrated business and global acumen at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage a global budget
- Ability to travel 30-40% of time and internationally
- MBA from top business school
- Experience operating in Latin America or other regions outside of North America
- Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Corporate Development Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly