Maintenance Supervisor - Off Shift
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations: manufacturing, utility services, boilers, ammonia refrigeration, compressed air, electrical services, and building maintenance.
Maintenance Supervisor also provides coaching and Skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management to sustain a proactive - planned maintenance program.
Other responsibilities include training, coaching and assessing mechanics on maintenance & engineering related elements of Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to establish “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture, preparing the yearly budget in addition to supervision and regulatory compliance of the environmental program, project installation, modification, or renovation of building and equipment.
- Guide the factories to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM's, changeovers, etc.).
- Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from Gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and offer a high quality workmanship.
- Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
- Develop and lead a network of Factory SME's (subject matter experts). Train and guide them in the implementation and leadership of the NCE Reliability program in their factories.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
- Share NCE/NEE and other maintenance-related best practices across all Nestlé USA and Canada factories, via the Nestlé USA Corporate Engineering website, leadership/training guides, etc.
- Collaborate with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Encourage close team work between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.).
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
- Consolidate and analyze the factory M&R budgets, drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of Group Engineering Specialists and Engineering Managers.
- Manage the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
- Support and back-fill the roll-out and sustainability of TPM-PM Pillar across all Nestlé USA and Canada factories.
- Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
% OF TIME
Page 1 of 4
NESTLÉ USA POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance
- Requires a high level of motivation and self management.
- Review of overall work priority and progress through weekly meetings with detailed review as required. Periodic review through monthly status reports and personal review annually.
- Reports directly to Maintenance Manager or Facilities Engineer & Maintenance Manager.
Provide direct supervision to 1-40 (average 14) hourly employees within assigned area, or provide indirect supervision.
- Develops work schedules to utilize maintenance skills and personnel availability.
- Give timely feedback to direct reports.
- Control absenteeism by supervisory emphasis and counseling as necessary.
- Ensure employees accomplish their assigned duties.
- Ensure record keeping is accomplished correctly.
- Must be able to direct and motivate through influence and leadership.
Direct impact on financial performance of the organization as it relates to the upkeep of the equipment and facility. Continuously works to maintain the highest possible level of production.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) is preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Utilities, Facilities or Production equipment maintenance. CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) or Direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and leadership skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
- Knowledge of TPM / PM Pillar Tools including:
- Asset Management Software (SAP Preferred)
- Breakdown Analysis
- Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
- PM Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc…)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
- Results Focus: Strong impact to operations performance. The role requires discipline to meet performance objectives
- Lead People: Strong skills leading direct reports in order to promote operating efficiency
- Proactive Cooperation: Ensure that the maintenance team operates in a multi functional team with clear and open communication with other areas
- Service Orientation: Understand the customer's expectations and needs and provide them high quality service
Apply for Maintenance Supervisor - Off Shift
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly