2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
CPD Supervisor-MIL00848 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for the supervision of daily operation and performance of the CPD area of the Packaging & Molding department in Milwaukee, WI. The focus of this position is safety, process efficiency, operational excellence, customer solutions, and personnel development.
40% Operational/Reliability Excellence / Continuous Improvement
- Executes and monitors day-to-day operations for all CPD processes.
- Directly supervises daily operations of CPD area to achieve production throughput requirements including work flow, job assignments, scheduling, shift coverage, etc.
- Support Strategic Sourcing teams with local data for cost management of packaging materials. Provide site support for packaging projects and new product development. Help reduce packaging waste and improve quality.
- Actively measure performance and implement continuous improvement practices to promote operational efficiencies.
- Implement and supports common reliability processes and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations
- Champions a culture that promotes operational excellence. Recommends process improvements, and supports business case for new investments/innovations.
- May include Super User duties as assigned.
35% Safety/ Risk Management
- Executes day-to-day operations of CPD area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food safety.
- Partners/collaborates with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures:
- Health & Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
- Environmental: Understands and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
- Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
- Educates workforce in the food safety fundamentals and completes safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
- Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incidents to identify risks, root causes, recommends and implements corrective actions.
15% People Management
- Supervise and provide coaching to Team Leads and production workers, including coaching Cargill's core values.
- Assist in planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
- Assist with production talent development and engagement within the department.
- Responsible for training and on boarding new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
- Applies disciplinary actions when needed.
10% Customer Focus/ Product Innovation/ Quality Management
- Directly monitors production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Document and investigates quality issues that occur and compiles information and provides recommendations for improvement for review by Department Superintendent.
- Supports BU/Plant customer relationship by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal/external customers.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree; or High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years production experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Strong organizational, leadership and planning skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA and Environmental regulations
- Ability to communicated effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effective systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
- Routine physical activity including standing and walking for several hours at a time, typing, climbing, and lifting approximately 55 lbs.
- Occasionally travel as required (typically less than 10% of time)
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP
- Working knowledge and experience with GFSI initiatives and programs
- Experience working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for CPD Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly