Sr. Technical Services Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Technical Services Specialist-PLY00394 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Meat /Convenience Technical Services Specialist will deliver value for Cargill Texturizing Solutions by using category expertise and direct customer relationships to identify and execute new business development projects with meat and convenience foods manufacturers Providing meat and convenience foods technical and category expertise to support new product and new applications development projects. Developing new solutions for meat & convenience foods manufacturers using CTS's and Cargill's portfolios of ingredients.
1.Use category expertise and direct customer relationships to identify and execute new business development projects with meat and convenience foods manufacturers.
- Identify and communicate market trends that align with business strategy and capabilities.
- Hunt for new opportunities aligning customer needs and market drivers with our capabilities by developing deep relationships with customers and providing technical credibility that drives differentiation and innovation.
- Present technical information to public forum (Webinar's, industry functions and associations, short courses, etc.)
- May act as a technical representative for Cargill Texturizing Solutions and may represent Cargill on Enterprise level as the primary technical tag to a Cargill customer.
- Troubleshoot issues with ingredients, formulations, processes, assist in resolving customer complaints, etc.
- Provide technical application support to customer focused projects including new innovation applying product line and customer knowledge (from bench to full production).
- Provide application testing for new ingredients, assisting in developing technical information to support launch. Applies technical knowledge to address questions that impact the success of product line initiatives.
- May lead key projects as the designated Project Manager.
- May lead training programs and technical presentations for customers and internal teams. Develop and provide technical training to external customers and business partners.
- And, any other duties that are assigned.
- BS in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or Chemistry degree with a focus on meat science.
- 5 years Technical Service/Sales or Food Applications lab experience.
- Proven track record of commercial success driven by customer focused technical projects
- Effective communication in-depth technical information to all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a food lab and food production environment.
- Ability to develop customer relationship and trust through technical knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to represent Cargill and coordinate customer interaction across multiple business units for a large customer interacting at highest levels of customer organization.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs or problems to proactively defend or build business.
- Travel is up to 50%
- Previous food product development, ingredient technical sales/service and food manufacturing experience.
- Ingredient technology and functionality as it relates to Meat & Convenience foods product development experience.
- Project Management experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Technical Services Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly