Assistant Business Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Assistant Business Manager-WIC03638 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Ingredient market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Ingredient customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
Cargill Protein has an exciting and career advancing opportunity within the Foodservice Cooked meats business for the position of Assistant Business Manager in the North America Protein business. This position is a key role supporting the business managers; it covers a diverse set of product lines and portfolio management, S&OP inputs and Suppy Chain Coordination and collaborating across all North America Protein channels to aid in product commercialization.
In addition, this role will:
- Specific emphasis on building upon and growing our Foodservice cooked meats business.
- Lead projects that work towards accomplishing business management team goals. Often may involve the commercialization of new items and discontinuation of items.
- Contribute to business case development based on customer needs and market insights to drive growth.
- Analyze and support optimization of the profitability of the portfolio.
- Support the strategy within a portfolio to move towards higher margins and more value added products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive portfolio profitability; includes Marketing, R&D, Sales, Supply Chain, etc.
- Provide information for the demand forecast with input from sales/marketing.
- Understand the competitive landscape and incorporate knowledge of competitiors when applicable.
- Work with Strategic Pricing specialist on sales opportunities.
Channel Strategy and Portfolio Management (including Pricing Execution)
- Work on projects / initiatives prioritized by the Business Lead, driving progress across Sales, Marketing, R&D, Pricing, Supply Chain.
- Opportunities to participate in product concept development and proofing through the use of customer/market beta tests, monitoring, and course correction to make ‘go' or ‘no-go' decisions on full commercialization plan.
S&OP and Supply Chain Coordination
- Support Business Manager in collecting input for Demand Planning
- Work with product leads in BOSC to communicate changes with products, or new start ups.
- Connect with Customer Management teams, Product Leads, Marketing, R&D, Financial Planning & Analysis and Pricing to work on business cases and product commercialization
- Coordinate with Business Leads and Business Managers across channels to drive a holistic perspective in building channel-specific business cases
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Ops, R&D or FP&A
- Demonstrated ability to analyze processes to significantly improve business performance and profitability
- Financial analysis skills - ability to analyze financial performance to drive profitability
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous environments and utilize active inquiry skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Abillity to travel up to 40%
- Demonstrated effective Commercial Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Understanding of food industry/market/sales channels
- 3 years of experience Marketing or Sales in the food industry
- Strong Proteins domain expertise
- Deep knowledge of cooked meat products within the Foodservice category
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job General Management
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Assistant Business Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly