3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Transportation Professional-WAY05679 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Transportation Professional is responsible for the day-to-day fleet activities for an assigned business and/or product line(s). The Transportation Professional works closely with key contacts within the assigned business supply chain, production facilities, railroads, third party service providers and various Cargill businesses. This position is responsible for executing repair & maintenance activities, empty car deployment, validation of railroad exception invoices, handling billing discrepancies and loaded/empty railcar monitoring for various railcar fleets. Additionally, this position is accountable for fleet reporting, and communicating fleet performance metrics as to drive improvement in fleet utilization and cost reductions.
30% - Monitor and analyze status of railcar shipments and facilitate empty railcar deployments as to ensure adequate equipment at our facilities with awareness of demurrage implementations.
20% - Work with railroads on escalations and handle inbound rail inquiries accordingly.
10% - Manage rail fleets within TransCore GVP and provide metrics and analysis to the business highlighting opportunities and trends within fleets. 10%
Back-up and assist other Rail Transportation Professionals as required.
10% - Coordinate railcar maintenance; repairs, cleaning, compliance and off-hire activities.
5% - Addressing waybill issues and manually billing via railroad websites if necessary
5% - Handling billing invoice discrepancies and work internal CTL teams and business as needed on resolution.
10% - Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain or a related degree) or 3 years of logistics, transportation, railroad or supply chain experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a proven self-starter.
• Sound decision making skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Professional presentation of self and company.
• Four-year college degree; Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation
• One year of logistics / transportation experience; rail experience.
• SAP Experience Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Transportation Professional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly