Application Architecture - API
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Application Architecture - API-HOP04159 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
40% - Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvement
- Strategy & Roadmaps
- Creates and drives application roadmap to ensure all application components have a defined roadmap in alignment with the application's disposition.
- Ensures application architectures are known and maintained.
- Ensures application data (e.g. name, description, cost, etc.) is current, correct and complete in the application inventory systems (eInsight, CMDB, Apptio, Archer, Flexnet, infoquest, etc.) as defined by the application inventory system owners.
- Maintains relationship with the service manager/owner (when applicable), business owner(s), and BRM(s) of the application
- In partnership with the Service Owner/Manager (when applicable), develops appropriate Operational Level Agreements (OLA) with internal IT operations teams to ensure clear roles and responsibilities in providing support of the application.
- Partners with CBS, vendors, and 3rd party support staff to ensure operational excellence.
- Health and Monitoring
- Creates and maintains application specific metrics and dashboards (KPIs, ITIL, Customer Satisfaction, etc.).
- Develops and drives service improvement actions from dashboards and metrics.
- Ensures root cause analysis (RCA) is performed on all critical and high priority user generated issues or failed changes/enhancements.
- Works with the Infrastructure organization as needed to manage infrastructure capacity, patching and lifecycle.
- Collaborates with the Application Domain Leadership and End to End Service management (where applicable) to govern application.
- Owns and manages all: licensing, process IDs, security profiles, and certificates.
- Acts as a ITIL Process Super User ensuring the education and governance of processes used to deliver the application
- Major Incident E2E Resolver - acts as on-call 24x7 escalation point for assisting with break/fix operations personnel in Major Incident & Crisis Management
- Performs the following ITIL roles in the BMC Remedy product:
- Problem Approver
- Change Approver
- CI Owner
- Knowledge Management Reviewer
- Change Oversight
- Collaborates with application development teams and/or vendors on projects: reviews, consults, and approves functional & technical designs.
- Ensures non-production application code and instance configuration is in sync with production.
- Ensures all documentation is updated prior to changes being promoted to production.
- Educates operational support team of application and changes to application.
- Ensures application complies to the defined application architectures in partnership with the Application Domain Leadership, Enterprise Architecture, and TGRC.
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place and reviews are performed & documented per TGRC policies.
- Tracks risk via Archer exceptions including the creation of the remediation plans.
- Documents and leads disaster recover planning/testing (where applicable aligning to the business continuity plan).
- Technical Knowledge
- Understands application architecture, interoperability and dependencies.
- Understands application data use, consumption and integration including master data relationships.
- Business and Enterprise Knowledge
- Understands and can articulate how the application addresses business capabilities, provides competitive advantage and aligns to the business needs and processes.
- Ensures delivery team members have the technical knowledge needed to develop and support the application
- Budget and Cost Recovery
- Works with the Service Manager to define and track the total cost of ownership (TCO) in terms of “cost per unit” for the application and proposing an allocation/recovery model for the application.
- Oversees application lifecycle, KLO, & continual service improvement projects, purchases and vendor maintenance.
- As applicable, partners with the Service Owner/Manager to ensure application costs are recovered through the service pricing.
- Identifies & Drives continuous cost improvements in partnership with the domains (EPA).
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, MIS or computer science or 5 years equivalent experience
- Experience working with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, REST, SOAP) for task automation.
- Able to drive priorities within the Enterprise and resolve any dependencies on Enterprise Solutions
- 6 years of experience with API Gateway, API Management and at least 1 year of Boomi administration.
- 6 years of direct Integration and Application Architecture experience
- Experience in the latest enterprise operating systems including Linux, Unix or Windows including the ability to administer, configure, tune and troubleshoot complex environments.
- Persistently drive projects to successful completion.
- Ability to manage time and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in stressful situations and meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete objectives without requiring constant managerial oversight.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other team members, peer groups, or business partners.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and understand new technologies at a fast pace.
- Understand how to identify continuous service improvements, implement them, and measure results.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to flex with changing priorities.
- Successful in delivering significant large multiyear roadmap initiatives, capturing planned benefits and delivering on-time and on-budget
- Proven and demonstrated conflict management, influencing, negotiation and consulting skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into process, data and technological models and specifications in an efficient way for a highly complex and critical application portfolio
- Ability to manage ambiguous situations
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- Strong experience in standard IT architectures and frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a service environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to communicate technical and business information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Knowledge of Hadoop
- Experience working with the Agile SDLC methodology.
- Experience implementing automation capabilities and knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Application Architecture - API
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly