Sales Manager Canada
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Barry Callebaut is the Heart and Engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of over 9300 Barry Callebaut employees around the world, that runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
Under the responsibility of the Vice president Cocoa Sales, the titular will be responsible for sales of cocoa products in Canada (excluding Quebec). This position sells the company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products /services to their needs resulting in increased revenues.
- Maintain and manage existing accounts according to established sales and revenue goals.
- Coordinate & Facilitate all cocoa sales in Canada sold by different BC sales team members (FM, Gourmet, Distribution)
- Maximize sales margins according to established goals by monitoring/assisting with A/R contracts problems, credit hold issues balances, sales price quotes, customer contacts, production and supply chain problem resolution, market information and new product development projects, etc.
- Create and deliver sales presentations and close sales in an effective manner.
- Develop and maintain effective sales forecasting, planning and territory plans.
- Research new customer needs and develop an application of products and services in an effective manner.
- Develop and manage sales expense budget.
- Ensures that a high professional level of customer service is maintained via resolution of complaints, troubleshooting product supply chain problems, client visits, industry networking, participation in trade shows, chocolate training to distributor's sales network, etc.
- Help maintain product safety by adopting behaviors meeting the established requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities and industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Impact, Influence and Information Seeking
- Organizational Commitment
- Customer Service Orientation
- Relationship building
- Organizational Awareness
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field plus 3 to 5 years of sales experience in a food related industry;
- Basic business acumen and demonstrated quantitative skills;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Exercises professional conduct and sound judgment in all related areas;
- Strong communication skills.
- Preference bilingual, English (fluent) and French (an asset).
- Knowledge of industrial food ingredient customers.
- Knowledge of industrial chocolate and cocoa.
- Ability to sell value added food ingredient.
- Preference given to those residing in Ontario.
Environmental and Working Conditions :
- Overnight travel more than 25% depending on location.
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.
Apply for Sales Manager Canada
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly