Manager Procurement Business Partner - Beverage
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Procurement at Nestlé
At Nestlé, Procurement has the opportunity to develop deep relationships and understanding of our divisions through the Business Partner role. These teams are focused on understanding all aspects of the business, developing relationships with division presidents, and providing insights to the business on strategies that can be employed to provide a sustainable competitive advantage and reduce operational risk. One of the greatest aspects of this role is that as people develop a holistic knowledge of the business, it opens up diverse career paths and international opportunities.
Responsible for owning the Business Partner relationship with Beverage for all powdered brands. Acts as the key conduit between the business and procurement. Taps into the global and local sourcing strategies and adapts for the business needs. Drives sustainable resolution of escalated ensure supply or scope of work challenges from business, supplier or factory. Actively engage in cross functional Innovation & Renovation (I&R) project teams to clearly communicate sourcing constraints, supply risks & mitigation strategies as they relate to the project.
• Understand business requirements and challenges; including priorities, must win battles and key value drivers. Transmit this understanding to the category management teams at the appropriate level so the category sourcing strategies and priorities are defined accordingly.
- Attend appropriate Business forums.
- Represent the Above Market and At Market Procurement Team in business review meetings as appropriate.
- Confirm Business objectives, challenges, projects, requirements and expectations are shared with the Category Management Team to help shape strategic planning.
- Understand how procurement activities impact the key metrics of the business or function in support of the Operational Master Plan (OMP).
• Provide the business compelling category and sourcing insights to contribute to business strategies.
- Present material cost forecast reports (data, graphs, commentary) and category insights to Business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Own and measure cost improvement targets and projects. Report out to the Business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor business goals delivered by the Category Teams and help periodically reassess the targets.
- Ensure information flow between the Market and Category Teams to effectively deliver against business/function strategies.
- Seek proactive feedback regarding sourcing activities and to enable focus on high value returns.
• Lead implementation of sourcing strategies at business level, within the overall implementation plan of the sourcing strategy.
- Create and execute stakeholder management communication plan.
- Present the category strategy summaries to the Business stakeholders to gain alignment and sign-off as applicable.
- Ensure supplier selection is approved by Business stakeholders and communicate award decision to those affected.
- Lead and/or organize kick off events with implementation teams and coordinate follow up activities with suppliers and Business participants.
- Identify local ensure supply risks and develop sustainable mitigation strategies.
• Ensure early Procurement involvement in event management projects and Nestlé Product Development and Introduction (NPDI).
- Serve as Procurement lead on NPDI projects and share requirements of projects with Category Management Team.
- Serve as Procurement lead on COE projects and inform management of scope and progress.
• Play an active role in our Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program through the participation of key meetings, by ensuring right stakeholder engagement and through senior interactions with local suppliers where needed.
- Ensure performance survey is completed by market stakeholders in support of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Provide business updates to the SRM suppliers as required.
• Indirect or direct supervision of Procurement Support Specialists (PSS) as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position may have supervisory responsibility of a Business Partner Associate and/or Procurement Support Specialist. May also have indirect supervisory responsibility including coaching and developing Interns, Business Partner Associates and Procurement Support Specialists.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Master's Degree or higher preferred.
• CPM Certification a plus.
• 3 years purchasing and/or material management experience and/or Technical/manufacturing experience preferred.
• SAP, Ariba and I-Nexus experience preferred.
• Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, including but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Candidate must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Ability to work independently to identify and research relevant market, industry, and supplier information.
• Capable of navigating through ambiguous situations and managing external vendor relationships.
• Ability to develop processes and/or to identify continuous improvements to help better coordinate activities.
• Must be exceptional relationship builder and stakeholder manager and have the ability to form and grow own networks.
Apply for Manager Procurement Business Partner - Beverage
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly