2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
If you are driven by a passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé employees have the opportunity to make a long-term impact on society while personally contributing to company success every day. Quality assurance and product safety are core business principles at Nestlé and the Nestlé Quality Assurance Center (NQAC) is responsible for ensuring that all Nestlé products are safe and that the highest product safety is delivered to Nestlé's customers. NQAC's world class microbiological and food chemistry laboratories provide comprehensive testing services to all Nestlé factories, suppliers, and co-manufacturers in North America in order to ensure this quality assurance and product safety mission is continuously reached. Nestlé employees and their commitment to this mission are the company's most valuable assets. Nestlé provides targeted development opportunities that allow all employees to grow within their current role as well as within the larger Nestlé market. In addition, Nestlé offers exceptional rewards, health, and retirement benefits to the lives of our employees and their families are enhanced and that the company continues to be the worldwide leader in nutrition, health, and wellness. The Nestle Quality Assurance Center of Dublin, OH is responsible for providing specialized laboratory services ensuring Nestlé products are safe, satisfy all applicable regulatory requirements and meet the quality expectations of our customers and consumers.
This position is responsible for advanced analytical food chemistry work with a minimum of preliminary instruction, in addition to performing and assisting with routine work within the section. This position is responsible to modify methods for non-routine problems, to assist with method development, and to coordinate the work of a small group within the section as necessary. Responsibilities also include analyses of a variety of food matrices for various LC-MS/MS methods.
This position may be required to perform complex analytical work often involving problem-solving situations; participate in projects or method development, usually as a team member of a small group; test or evaluate methods and protocols for adequacy under the direction of higher level scientists; write narrative reports of completed or proposed work as requested; and occasionally to interpret and explain such work to in-house staff, clients, and other outside contacts.
• Perform basic to sophisticated procedures and analyses as required.
• May interpret, analyze, and approve analytical data.
• Plan, organize, and write reports.
• Serve as an in-house consultant on projects or in areas of expertise.
• May be responsible for technical supervision and/or training of technicians and/or other Chemists.
• Assure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
• Carry out assignments in a timely, diligent, and safe manner and perform work in accordance with NQAC SOPs.
• Assure quality of results, by establishing and maintaining QA plan and ICPs.
• Provide accurate and precise data consistent with internal QA requirements.
• Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order, and make repairs within the capability of the analyst.
• Represent NQAC at internal and external meetings as directed.
• Write, review and provide proper documentation for methods.
• Modify methods to resolve problems requiring knowledge of theory and underlying principles of the analysis.
• Contribute to studies to develop new methods and techniques pertinent to the analysis of foods.
• Make recommendations for new equipment and methodology.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION LEVEL
• B.S. degree in Chemistry or close-related science discipline .
• Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with LC-MS/MS
• Demonstrated analytical skills, strongly detail-oriented
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with flexible schedule capability, including evenings &/or weekends as required.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong laboratory PC skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
Apply for Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly