Inventory Control Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Inventory Control Specialist-NEW01192 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Responsible for coordinating inventory replenishment across multiple products & sites within the 3PL network. Works cross functionally, cross BU and with external vendors on purchased products to service our customers. This includes: supply chain planning operations, inventory management, process development, planning, execution, customer & vendor interaction / business partnership, systems/data management and reporting & analysis.
- 45% - Monitors and manages capacity of inventory in relation to demand of customer orders for multiple products or sites. When needed contributes to decision for how and when to modify the original forecast and plan with some oversight from manager. Collaborates with supply chain planning group and forecast system users to resolve any issues impacting supply chain optimization models. Responsible for maintaining tools/systems and relationships that supports accurate inventory planning
- 25% - Customer Experience: With minimal oversight, advises and provides recommendations to internal stakeholders on the impacts of their supply chain plan. This includes leading the criticality process, 3PL outage planning, trim replenishment, DEI trend analysis and resolving fill rates.
- 15% - Develop system knowledge to eventually become SAP deployment subject matter expert within supply chain
- 15% - Communication: Communicate functional objectives, replenishment plans and priorities to our external and internal stakeholders. Ensure assigned 3PL locations are paid in a timely matter and 3PL expectations are carried out and other related tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Transportation and Logistics, or Supply Chain or minimum 2 years materials/inventory control, transportation, operations or customer service experience
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills and high attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve with cross functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to develop in-depth understanding of complex-supply chain and business activities and apply those concepts to day-to-day activities
• Strong analytical skills and technologically savvy; including demonstrated ability to understand complex ERP systems, utilizing reporting tools, and advanced Microsoft excel skills
• Uses logic, rational thinking, and data to make effective decisions
• Builds relationships with other functional groups/business units
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Ability to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• ERP application experience SAP
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office toolset or equivalent
• Supply chain knowledge and Inventory control experience
• Cross functional team leadership and demonstrated customer focus track record
• Demonstrated customer focus track record
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-MI-New Haven
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Inventory Control Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly