Senior Technical Service Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Technical Service Specialist-CED00849 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for understanding business strategy, assessing customer needs, and providing technical expertise to both current and potential customers in support of the Industrial Starch product portfolio to maximize the value creation. This will be accomplished by building strong relationships with customers with significant business impact and understanding their processes to provide enhanced solutions to the customers. Utilizes knowledge of paper and paperboard manufacturing to resolve problems, troubleshoot and modify product to customer requirements. Work may be done at customer sites and incumbent will manage a portfolio of projects for customers.
45% Utilize expertise and relationships to identify and translate paper customers' starch demand fulfillment requirements into Cargill's innovative win-win solutions by holding internal and external meetings and making presentations as needed, conducting audits and trials for troubleshooting and optimization, including setting up and operating starch preparation equipment at paper mills.
20% Conduct technical assessment of current industrial starch product line applicability to all papermaking applications for demand creation and leverage learnings from customers to increase market share and profitability.
20% Partners with Industrial Starch product line and Sales team to build and maintain solid understanding of customers' business strategy. Support sales with appropriate product knowledge, customer process information, product needs and competitor comparisons. Maintain portfolio of technical projects.
10% Conduct or support internal and external laboratory and pilot studies related to papermaking such as deposit analyses, DDA, system charge and retentions, starch evaluations, coating colors, etc.
5% Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, paper science and engineering, chemistry or equivalent.
• Minimum work experience of 5 years as a technical service representative / applications engineer for a supplier to the paper industry and / or papermaking process experience.
• Flexibility to travel up to 60% within North America on short notices.
• Ability to develop deep relationships and gain customers' trust and respect at all levels within the paper mill environment.
• Strong ability to work with team members and adapt to different working environments.
• High level of technical ability to understand complex operational, engineering and business activities.
• Proven track record of creativity and innovation.
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills including demonstrated presentation skills.
• Highly effective interpersonal skills and peer relationships with ability to work in cross-functional team.
• Enhanced capability to manage multiple customer activities and communicate goals and accomplishments to the Industrial Starch team and customers.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and statistical analysis.
• Strong decision making, problem solving, analytical, follow-up, organizational and time management skills.
• Capability to work independently by understanding objectives that lead to self-direction of day-to-day activities.
• Master's degree in paper science, chemistry or chemical engineering.
• Diverse knowledge of chemical applications in all papermaking processes to effectively provide customer solutions.
• Mechanical experience with paper mill trial and production equipment.
• General understanding of paper mill laboratory techniques.
• General understanding of paper mill quality testing and properties.
• Extensive experience with paper coating formulations and wet-end chemistry.
• Knowledge of Cargill's North American Industrial Starch business and potential growth opportunity for sales or technical team manager role.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Technical Service Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly