2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This position coordinates departmental activities and projects for the Operations team serving as a liaison between Production Staff, Team Advisors, and the Business Unit Leaders.
Through written and verbal communications, the Production Coordinator is required to provide and receive essential information to ensure that the department produces at optimum efficiency levels.
While this position is primarily day shift, flexibility is required for nights and weekends as needed.
• Coordinates operations schedule activities activities including: posting/awarding overtime, layoffs and holidays, creating relief operator schedules, managing employee transfers and managing hourly vacation approvals/schedules.
• Makes and reviews entries in the hourly timekeeping system (Kronos) related to employee punches and schedules. Corrects entries in Kronos to reconcile the bi-weekly labor management report.
• Serve as line back up to the area Team Advisors. Assisting with various projects for the operations team including: prepping/attending Team Advisor SHOs, attending Pillar Meetings/activities, AWG/MWG meetings and participating in Go-See-Think-Do's (GSTDs) and other problem solving methodologies.
• Reviews manufacturing processing records to ensure CFR, FDA Regulations and Nestlé compliance requirements are followed. Investigates production deviations. Verifies accuracy of production and down time data entered in downtime reporting system (SAM) and Vigilistics systems. Also, updates Attainment report daily. Investigates any discrepancies and coordinates resolution. Reports on FEFO (First expired, first out), ect.
• Audits sanitation documentation each week. Ensures all documentation is complete, investigates any non-compliant areas, and develops action plans to ensure future compliance.
• Tracks departmental progress on controlled document 2 year reviews, ODIRs, NCRs, and Change Control. Identifies issues and coordinates resolution to those issues.
• Other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Supervision provided by the Business Unit Leader. Work with minimal supervision.
This position occasionally provides supervision to hourly personnel as a back-up to the Team Advisor. When coordinating projects and ensuring compliance, provides leadership to the departmental employees without directly supervising.
Assists in maintaining the smooth, efficient, and cost-effective operation of the Production Department.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate degree or greater in Business, Management, Food Science, or similar field.
Required: Demonstrated leadership skills.
Preferred: Experience working in a manufacturing operation and/or Experience in a Department Coordination or Supervisory role.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Above average communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to lead others
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required; SAP experience is preferred
Apply for Production Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly