Line Operator - Bakery 3rd Shift
Stack crusts when toting, correctly place crust stacks into totes and the correct amount for variety being toted, maintain a high level of quality product, do net weights for crusts, notify Sheeting Line Operator of heavy or lightweights, maintain clean work areas, weigh recycle dough and supply to Dough Mixer, take care of waste dough, remove inferior product from line, and monitor billets to ensure proper shape. This is done in order to: Give best possible yield in Bakery to meet efficiencies, assure quality product for Assembly and the consumer, minimize amount of waste in Bakery and Assembly areas, keep the Bakery a safe place to work, and place correct amounts of crusts into totes for inventory.
• Monitor scrap return conveyor.
• Inspect crust before entering spiral freezer
• Weigh recycle dough and supply Dough Mixer
• Help Conveyor Specialist during downtime.
• Weigh crusts.
• Stack crusts for toting.
• Rotate with crust toters.
• Place correct amount of stacks/crusts into totes.
• Help during EC:
Help change out press dies.
Check spirals for product on floors.
Clean up work areas--general housekeeping.
• Perform all backup duties as trained and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must maintain regular work attendance.
• Use good manufacturing practices.
• Must maintain pace with production.
• Requires a quick eye and good peripheral vision.
• Must be able to identify a quality and inferior product.
• Requires muscle coordination and finger dexterity.
• Must rotate between rework handling, Hertzler/inspection, toting and with Ingredient Persons, if trained.
• Must have common sense.
• Must work well with others and have respect for fellow workers.
• Neatly and correctly document required information.