Data Lead - Cargill Protein Group
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Data Lead - Cargill Protein Group-WIC03631 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: position open to remote work, however, preference would be for Cargill sponsored relocation to Wichita, KS.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
The Data Lead will develop and lead the business intelligence data strategy for Cargill Protein & Salt (CPS) NA. This is a critical role in the ongoing Protein Group transformation as new business intelligence solutions are implemented to direct and advise on the effectiveness, accuracy, and security of data from numerous Legacy systems as the data is converted and consolidated into a central reporting solution as well as supporting all current data warehousing solutions while developing a comprehensive strategy for data management to support all lines of business in the future. Additionally, this role will be a key Finance partner to I.T. in any current and future technology and/or ERP solutions are implemented to ensure that data accurately reflects the business results and is structured in a way to ensure that critical business insights and analysis are available. The Data Lead will be expected to coach a team of Data Analysts to build capability across all lines of business through cross-training and continuous learning and ensure alignment with the Data Strategy.
50% Solution Leadership and Governance:
- Responsible for developing and leading the finance strategy for the integration of complex data sets from Legacy systems to support business intelligence activities
- Ensure that data architecture supports the future Protein Group strategy and is designed to provide critical insights necessary to drive business performance across all business channels
- Accountable for acting as coordinator to ensure future infrastructure requirements are implemented.
- Partner with Master Data setup team to ensure that critical controls and data governance strategies are in place and aligned with data strategy
25% Business and Global Partnering with IT:
- Ensure that the data management & business intelligence governance, processes, reporting and systems support the business.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to ensure that data sets are accurately defined so that business results are consistently and effectively measured across all lines of business.
- Utilizes full knowledge of data management & business intelligence practices to understand business/function requirements, and analyzes and reviews local design needs
- Provide leadership and broad oversight to system changes to improve the efficiency and quality of data, partnering with Global IT on solution and timing.
- Applies a full understanding of data management & business intelligence to identify best practices, and suggests how to improve current practices across the organization
- Works with standard stakeholders and peers to ensure IT/Tartan solutions are implemented successfully.
- Provides coaching and development opportunities for team of data analysts
- Ensures that all business lines are supported from a data management strategy and that critical knowledge of Legacy systems is maintained and developed across the team
- Advise Data & BI Manager of future workforce needs and/or knowledge gaps
- Help the team leverage current and future tools while staying aligned with data management strategy for the Protein Group
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 10 years of relevant business experience
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and data integration
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and take partners to understand the business context
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to achieve a desired outcome
• Proven ability to lead, coach, facilitate and communicate with individuals across a broad range of experience and functional spectrums
• Demonstrated experience in and understanding of a wide variety of data management processes and concepts.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Information Technology
• MBA or relevant advanced degree
• 15 years of work experience in multiple areas of business
• 5 years of relevant work experience in data and analytics
• Understanding of and experience with Project Management methodologies
• Experience in developing and leading a complex data warehousing strategies
• Extensive expertise in data management & advanced analytics - experience in data design principles, concepts and practices
• Proven effective ability to lead or coach a high-performing team
• Proven adherence to internal controls and governance.
• Experience with SAP, SAP Hana, Hadoop, AS400, Oracle, JDE
• Demonstrated continuous improvement and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-TX-Dallas, US-CO-Denver, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-NY-New York, US-WA-Seattle, US-TX-Houston, US-MN-Minneapolis, US-IL-Chicago
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Data Lead - Cargill Protein Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly