Business Intelligence Lead - Cargill Protein Group
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Business Intelligence Lead - Cargill Protein Group-WIC03630 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: position open to remote location, however, Cargill sponsored relocation to Wichita, KS preferred.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
This position will lead the strategy and development of data and business intelligence capabilities for CPS NA. The role is critical to support the ongoing Protein Group transformation to design and develop comprehensive BI solutions to support key decision making and analysis while ensuring that solutions are usable by Analysts in the business and are flexible to meet both the current and future business needs. The role will actively partner with business stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the use of data in decision making and develop solutions to solve those opportunities. The role requires an individual skilled in developing data strategies, the application of technology to business opportunities and partnering with both business and IT. The role works with all levels of business stakeholders and IT partners to address current initiatives and future opportunities to advance the use of data and analysis for the enterprise.
40% Design and Development of Business Intelligence Strategy
- Responsible for leading the strategy and development of technical and reporting solutions needed in order to provide an effective and efficient data and analysis solution that can support and transform the business.
- Translate complex data into consumable format and dashboards to support business analysis and decision making through detailed knowledge of data structures, data analysis, and visualization tools.
20% Business Intelligence development and portfolio management:
- Develop solution pilots and proof of concepts utilizing existing and new technology to solve current and future reporting needs and uncover insights that are not readily visible.
- Proactively work with the business and finance teams to identify gaps or future needs for business intelligence and manage the portfolio of business intelligence projects
- Work with the business intelligence analysts to prioritize projects, develop timelines for development, and ensure that business needs are supports
20% BI Governance and Process Improvement
- Responsible for setting the governance and best practice standards for solutions developed.
- Responsible for reviewing solutions developed by BI Analysts for conformance to best practice standards.
20% Provide coaching and training
- Coach and provide training opportunities to the BI team across the business on the use of data / analysis / reporting tools.
- Helping the team leverage the latest functionality in the BI tools we use and bringing in best practices from outside of Cargill.
- Ensure the development of bench knowledge through cross-training of Legacy systems to ensure that all business lines are supported
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 9 years of relevant Business Intelligence experience
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and data integration
• Experience with advanced reporting, analysis and visualization concepts
• Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and take partners to understand the business context
• Experience with educating and training others
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and operate in ambiguous situations
• Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Business, Management, MIS, Computer Science, or Statistical Analysis
• Advanced Degree in a relevant business or technical discipline
• 5 years experience in a BI/Reporting, IT Architect or Data Analyst role
• Work experience applying BI solutions across multiple lines of business
• SQL, Alteryx or other data blending and analysis tools
• Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects or other BI tools
• Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and identify data patterns, trends and risks
• Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority
• Knowledge of advanced analysis and visualization techniques
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and effectively navigate the organization to identify where expertise resides
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-TX-Dallas, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-NY-New York, US-WA-Seattle, US-TX-Houston, US-MN-Minneapolis, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Business Intelligence Lead - Cargill Protein Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly