2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Engineer-MIL00856 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of plant improvement projects, including base and non-base capital projects in Milwaukee, WI. The focus of this position is capital planning, project management, engineering, and solution identification utilizing safety and food safety best practices.
- 50% - Capital Planning & Project Management
- Provide input to the capital planning process. Develop ideas for capturing, monitoring and/or applying best practices.
- Develop, implement and execute base and non-base projects. May directly lead and/or provide engineering support/execution on build project management for low to medium level complexity engineering projects in accordance to the Project Delivery Process (PDP).
- Work closely with operations personnel, maintenance, and contractors to ensure project scope best meets the needs of the facility. Ensure all changes to the facility and process meet food safety and personnel safety criteria.
- Provide oversight of construction or other personnel during the course of a project by working in the field.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and resources. Provide written and verbal communication of project activities and key metrics to managers and other stakeholders.
- 20% - Engineering, Training & Support
- Responsible for executing and supporting engineering deliverables, design standards, planning and implementation of a complex work scope.
- Directly/Indirectly provide day-to-day technical and engineering support required for normal operations as well as project engineering tactical support (i.e. design flows/diagrams, commissions, start-up schedules, equipment selection, process documentation, instrumentations/controls, etc).
- Champion safety process activities. Identify potential safety risks involved in specific areas of engineering (i.e. operations, quality control, construction, maintenance, reliability, etc) and lead process safety risk management. Ensure all process safety events are properly investigated/documented/reported.
- Coordinate, implement, monitor and support asset health strategy, operator care procedures and assists and/or facilitates need-based training to plant personnel.
- Interacts with vendors to complete day-to-day tasks.
- 20% - Gap Assessment/Solution Identification
- Develop strong business/customer understanding to ultimately identify technology gaps and process improvement opportunities. Address business needs by accurately identifying/capturing customer requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation, monitoring/tracking of auditing control mechanisms within area of scope, to track performance and provide actionable solutions that contribute to efficiency improvements and deliver cost savings.
- Support operations by analyzing and developing conclusions in regards to failures, downtime and lost production and identifies opportunities to improve operator reliability and/or determines acceptable risk tolerance for assets.
- Propose and/or deploy appropriate technology solutions considering overall safety standards, food safety, quality, process safety, capacity, reliability, environmental and costs constraints.
- Develop and analyze multiple and complex cost scenarios to achieve solution objectives and substantiate benefits/limitations of each option. Write up commitment and project charter for funding approval if appropriate.
- 10% - Best Practice Governance & Delivery
- Develop knowledge of emerging technology and support team members in capturing and translating technology application needs into clear and concise specifications.
- Support/coordinate the development of the most effective approach to capture, monitor and implement continuous improvement/leading practices. Champion location implementation of continuous improvement programs and provide input to cross-functional teams to improve future deployments tools and methodologies.
- Assist in deploying best practices to mitigate risks. Develop, maintain, and apply continuous improvement best practices. Support and implement common reliability processes and ensure the reliability culture is foundational to Cargill operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems involving multiple technologies.
- Ability to technically advise and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Leadership and strong influencing skills
- Ability to coach and motivate team resulting in high performance, high engagement
- Occasionally travel as required (typically less than 15% of time)
- HACCP or FSSC 22000 experience
- SAP experience
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
- Familiar with USDA, EPA, Food Safety Construction Standards
- Familiar with OSHA Contractor Safety Standards
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Project Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly