Senior Environmental Specialist
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Environmental Specialist-CED00852 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Environmental Professional position is responsible for applying full knowledge of Environmental practices and standards. This position provides facility wide coordination in all environmental arenas including air, water, and waste program management as well as assisting in compliance strategies for these programs. This position will also be one of the facility interfaces with local, state and federal agencies as well as customers with regard to sustainable operations, and environmental regulations. Coordination of the facility environmental data management and processes, program development and implementation at a facility level or Business level are also required.
40% Assesses difficult or complex Environmental risks and opportunities using full knowledge of Environmental practices and standards (including current and short-term future regulatory requirements) and potential impacts on stakeholder (customer, community, interest groups, employees) priorities, or enterprise/ business/location strategy. Support facility leadership by providing coordination, and assisting plant operations in EHS compliance by ensuring proper record keeping requirements and reporting obligations.
25% Leads or assists in the development of programs and processes involving interpretation and variation to execute Environmental strategy in a manner appropriate to the technology, scope and maturity of the team/area. Frequently, benchmarks internally and externally to identify best practices of others, consistent with and in support of the
Environmental strategy that can be applied effectively. With minimal supervision, identifies and implements changes to support continuous improvement of moderately complex Environmental programs and processes.
20% Maintains and continuously improves Environmental Results by supporting a culture of change and ownership. Provides operational/tactical leadership to complex Environmental audit, inspection and risk assessment processes. Using full knowledge of Environmental practices and standards, reviews and analyzes audit results requiring some interpretation, to confirm that the corporate, business and government Environmental standards are met.
10% Supports leaders to implement difficult or complex portions of internal communications strategy for key audiences that builds and maintains awareness of Environmental values, strategies, and performance; shares best practices and key learnings; develops talent; and recognizes high performance. Supports leaders to promote proactive workplace Environmental practices. Using full knowledge of Environmental practices and standards, provides technical, regulatory and behavioral consultation and support required to build a strong Environmental culture. Designs and delivers moderately complex training solutions related to Environmental issues, practices and risks.
5% Promote Cargill through involvement in community activities and professional organizations. On-call ability outside normal business hours to assist when needed and any other duties as assigned
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related Technical field - Or High School Diploma/GED with 5 years' experience in an industrial setting that includes demonstrated participation in Environmental Health and Safety processes
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the EHS field within an industrial setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with safety and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations such as, but not limited to, process safety management, process hazard analysis,
- Hazard recognition/control, behavior based safety (BBS) principles and application
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Individual must be able to build strong relationships with both internal and
- External customers and participate effectively on cross-functional teams without direct supervisory responsibility of the team
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels of the facility and with outside agencies and customers
- Demonstrated experience in Program development and implementation of new or changing regulations
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to work with large amounts of data on multiple spreadsheets including formula writing
- Effective at interacting with regulatory agencies, facility leadership, plant personnel, attorneys, and consultants
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Ability to be on-call outside normal business hours to assist when needed
- Ability to travel as needed
- 7 Plus years' experience in the EHS field within an industrial setting
- Understanding of basic reliability concepts
- Professional certifications such as Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH),
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Negotiations experience with regulatory agencies
- Six Sigma Kaizen Lean Tools
- BBS process implementation and management
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development and training
- Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) experience
- Experience with facility response plans (FRP)
- Process implementation of EHS Policies and Systems
- Auditing experience
- Database application experience (MS Access, Oracle, etc.)
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Environmental Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly