Health and Safety Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Health and Safety Manager-CED00853 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Health and Safety Supervisor II position is responsible for applying in depth understanding of Health and Safety practices and standards across a location. Provides location leadership and direction in the following areas of focus: development and implementation of health and safety strategy, maintenance, and continuous improvement of health and safety results, shaping of the internal health and safety culture, management of the external health and safety brand and leadership of talent management practices. Active member of the location leadership team.
45% Builds and leads a high performing team to assess location risks and opportunities, as well as the execution and administration of corporate, business unit and location health and safety strategy. Benchmarks internally and externally to identify best practices and collaborates with internal partners across the organization.
20% Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement for direct reports in alignment with Cargill's people processes.
15% Provides leadership to health and safety audit, inspection and risk assessment processes. Identifies trends, isolates root causes and leads process to ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented. Monitors and anticipates change in the external environment, including, but not limited to regulatory compliance.
10% Leads development of communication strategy for key audiences that builds and maintains awareness of Health and Safety values, strategies and performance.
5% Promote Cargill through involvement in community activities and professional organizations. Share best practices and represent location on behalf of the organization.
5% Any other duties as assigned.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial setting with demonstrated participation in health and safety processes.
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to encourage and build culture of inclusion.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to travel 15% - 25%.
- Certified Safety Professional or Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience leading health and safety initiatives.
- Ability to influence others.
- Program development and implementation of new or changing regulations.
- Prefer experience with a VPP manufacturing site.
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Health and Safety Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly