Industrial Energy Services Scheduler
Industrial Energy Services Scheduler-MIN04864 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Industrial Energy Services (IES) business IES manages physical natural gas deliveries for internal and external customers in the U.S. This position will be responsible for scheduling and volume management for IES' customers/plants, in addition to executing purchase and sales transactions as required for monthly and daily load management. Responsibilities will include negotiation of supply contracts, optimization of plant owned transportation capacity, trade capture and confirmation, and pricing/analysis to ensure economic dispatch decisions. The environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to deal with multiple priorities, concrete deadlines and work effectively with peers and management.
- 35% Manage natural gas transportation scheduling and balancing for interstate pipeline and local distribution company (LDC) nominations via electronic bulletin boards or as otherwise required. This includes gathering customer requirements, negotiating monthly/daily natural gas purchase or sale transactions for load management, and identifying opportunities for contract utilization based on changing market conditions. This role serves as the lead contact for interstate pipelines and LDCs to notify Cargill of any operational concerns and/or flow requirements impacting plant portfolio, and further will be responsible to communicate with impacted customers and the IES team daily on critical notices and potential issues for plants.
- 25% Communicate with internal/external plants on expected usage and ensure timely communication of informational postings for delivery opportunities, system conditions and any constraint situations. Ensure plant operators have full understanding of financial impacts (penalties) for unauthorized use to minimize associated costs. Support origination efforts to negotiate favorable balancing's terms at each plant, and suggest/recommend strategies, as appropriate, based on pricing opportunities available for economic dispatch.
- 15% Provide accounting support necessary for month end tasks and approve third party invoices and verify delivered volumes are consistent with supporting interstate pipeline and/or LDC statements. Reconcile any differences for prompt payment. Serve as Accounting Team resource for internal and external billing needs.
- 15% Review current business processes ongoing, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Lead or assist with any IES projects, as appropriate.
- 10% Manage timely input of physical transactions into trade capture system(s). Reconcile physical Trade Confirmations for accuracy and intent.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
- Bachelor's degree OR may substitute with 2 years of experience as a scheduler or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Team Player
- Experience in natural gas markets including scheduling
- Experience working with customers and developing business relationship(s)
- Experience with trade management systems
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Trade Execution
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job