Facility Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Site SH&E Specialist position is an important SH&E role at the Site and will coordinate and execute safety, health and environmental programs. The position interacts with employees to ensure a culture of caring and where each employee is accountable and responsible for Safety, Health & Environmental conditions and behaviors. The SH&E Specialist ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, routinely interacting with employees on the Site floor on a routine basis. Handles difficult, complex assignments involving performance of daily audits/inspections. Assists Site in maintaining ISO 140001 and OHSAS 18001 certification and daily implementation of those systems.
In addition to overall input to Site safety, health and environmental initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities include via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment and implementation of :
Site SH&E Culture
- under the direction of the Site SH&E manager, fosters/develops a culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value with all employees, everyone believes zero is achievable, everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner, everyone actively interacts with co-workers to prevent at-risk behaviors. Actively participates on the Factory SH&E Team/Pillar and other assigned teams. Effectively coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective SH&E leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
SH&E Performance -
Analyze SH&E conditions and behaviors and recommends changes to continuously improve Site SH&E performance to world class levels.
- Primarily responsible for implementing systems, procedures, and work practices to ensure “audit ready” state of compliance. Develop and implement processes and procedures (SOP's) to ensure Site compliance with company and regulatory agency policies, including federal, state and local legislation and regulations pertaining to SH&E. Reviews, analyzes, critiques and/or approves engineering design development reports, plans and specifications for compliance with environmental laws and regulations. Partners with factory PSM/RMP coordinator to ensure compliance with PSM and RMP requirement where applicable.
SH&E Strategies, Programs and Plans
- Drives implementation of SH&E best in class programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on SH&E measures and precautions. Drives key effective, sustainable implementation Corporate, Division and Site SH&E initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities via hands on leadership, coaching and team work. Manages Worker's Compensation in partnership with Risk Management.
Risk Assessment and Elimination -
Understand the safety risks associated with jobs, Site wide. Understand the aspects of the Site that impact the environment, and optimizes them. Ensures thorough investigation of all incidents, in coordination with Safety and Health Site leadership. Provide expertise and participate to all SH&E incident investigations as conducted by Site Leadership.
SH&E Capability Building
- Coordinate/facilitate all environmental training for Site (Hazmat, Waste Treatment, SPCC/SWPP, etc.). Administer training programs for safety accident prevention and protection, and may support environmental management systems.
- Drive excellence through active participation on the production floor to adopt a - ZERO TOLERANCE MENTALITY- toward SH&E losses and drive elimination of losses through the framework of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and NCE.
Functional & technical expertise
- Provides SH&E functional and technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function. Partners with other key functions on initiatives including engineering, HR, Quality, Operations, NCE, etc to deliver on goals and plans.
All SH&E specialists receives direct supervision, guidance and coaching from the Site SH&E Manager. Many working parameters dictated by situations. Independent direction on initiative work. This is achieved through a thorough understanding of the role and its place within the organization. This implies an understanding of the corporate and department policies systems and procedures as well as an ability and desire to be self-motivated and “think outside the box.”
Factory SH&E Specialist provides direct leadership, guidance and coaching to the Site staff and is responsible to help develop the capabilities of this team. Additionally, incumbent must have the tact and technical, strategic, communications and motivational managerial skills to achieve desired results from those with whom an “authority” relationship would be ambiguous. Incumbent must be a team player/coach, working with all involved to make things happen.
The Financial impact relates to prevention of injuries, related cost and overall worker's compensation cost. In addition, the incumbent supports the environmental sustainability initiative which helps to prevent costs due to waste, inefficiency, fines or legal matters and potentially increases sales as a good community member. Position has an overall input on the Site culture and morale, contributing to the effectiveness of the workforce.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Experience and Education:
Bachelor's degree in environmental and/or safety discipline or related disciplines or international equivalents is preferred but not required. We will look at candidates with at least a high school diploma who have the hands on experience listed below.
1 -3 years experience in successfully coordinating Safety, Health, and Environmental sustainability activities in a manufacturing setting. Experience with OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations and local equivalents and their application to Site operations is preferred.
-Bi-Lingual experience (Spanish/English) is highly preferred
Entry level professional certifications in SH&E related fields are considered beneficial and may include CIH, NEBOSH Certificate, ASP, AEM, etc.
Strong analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills required.
· Excellent interpersonal interactions.
· Ability to build teams throughout all levels and functions of the Site with respect, tact and win-win outcomes.
· Decision-making; must be capable of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding.
· Training & presentation skills.
· Must demonstrate good insight and ability to develop mutual solutions to challenges.
· Able to work and lead in a team environment; live the Nestlé Leadership Principles and bring it to life for others.
· Ability to organize and prioritize.
· Ability to quickly learn Site relevant federal and state OSHA, EPA, DOT requirements.
· Technical writing skills (policies, procedures, reference manuals, and training materials)
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office/Windows based)
· Reading and comprehension skills/legal & regulatory interpretation
· Initiative to lead continuous improvement efforts.
Apply for Facility Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly