Industrial Performance Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Industrial Performance Engineer will be responsible for driving operational improvement projects as well as working on cross-functional teams to commercialize innovative products in the factory. Continuous improvement efforts will focus on making sustainable gains in reliability, quality, safety, cost, and delivery. Methods for achieving and sustaining improvements will be based Nestle Continuous Excellence, TPM, and LEAN fundamentals. The team member will need to collaborate closely with division, factory, and other internal partners to achieve the project objectives aligned with the business needs. The team member will be responsible to carry out assignments of a broad nature while exercising considerable judgment and creativity. The team member needs to be able to carry out appropriate financial analysis to validate/support proposals and gain support of key stakeholders.
All other duties as defined by Nestle management.
Drive Continuous Improvement & Productivity Savings Projects
• Responsible for identifying, chartering, and leading significant improvement initiatives - delivering the project results on time.
• Provide project updates to the factory leadership team and project stakeholders highlighting the current status, adherence to the project time plan, work accomplished, quick wins, points of escalation, elements of risk and the associated mitigation plans.
• Develop project teams on key skills to drive improvement.
• Utilize Nestle Continuous Excellence tools and methodologies (Goal Alignment, GSTD, DMAIC, Loss Tree Analysis, IPA, etc.) to drive sustainable operational improvements.
• Analyze given data and operating conditions; implement changes and follow-up on results by involving key responsible people (i.e. sponsor, process owner, operator).
• Determine means to reduce material usages, material losses and rework, and to achieve energy savings.
• Carry out follow-up programs to maintain the achieved savings, to complete additional training, to detect further savings opportunities, as well as ensure the overall continuity of the project.
Support Business Innovation and Renovation Efforts
• Determine the optimum machine speed, production cycles and line crewing that are required for master scheduling, as well as for short term planning and control.
• Carry out the respective trials, together with the supervisors and managers, before any change or newly designed system or method is installed. Assist the operations, supervisors, and mangers for adapting changes to take the necessary actions and any other steps required to ensure the achievement of the best possible result.
• Work collaboratively with product development, marketing, supply chain, finance, and operations to bring new products to market and meet the defined project objectives.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Business
Required Experience: 2 years of manufacturing experience, food preferred.
Six Sigma or Lean background with examples of application and results preferred (preferable skill set at the level of a Green or Black Belt)
- Interpersonal skills, self confidence, leadership abilities
- Change agent
- Ability to build trust and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of TPM, Lean, and Six Sigma strongly preferred
- Professional maturity, appearance, and demeanor
- Proficiency in areas of general business administration: organizational design and communications, economics, finance, etc.
- Team leadership and team membership skills
- Negotiation skills, training skills
- Creative, reliable, organized, adaptable, flexible, innovative, and a self starter
- Computer literate (including mastery of all Microsoft Office Suite)
- Customer service orientation
- Focus on adding value to a fast and performance driven business
- Experience in OIT or Performance Acceleration desirable
Apply for Industrial Performance Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly