Packaging Area Superintendent
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Packaging Area Superintendent-HAM00818 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Area Superintendent is responsible for managing a team of approximately 38 Operators and 4 exempt employees to safely and efficiently package quality food ingredients that comply with all government regulations and corporate guidelines. The Area Superintendent will establish a safe, results oriented culture that includes clear performance expectations and measures with a strong emphasis on accountability and development. While actively engaging all employees in contributing to the success of the business, this position will manage the department budget and oversee the entire process.
30% - Engaged Employees: Establish and communicate department expectations, objectives, and deliverables, including key measures. Develop a strong culture of accountability where employees are actively engaged, contributing ideas, championing programs, processes and practices, ie safety and food safety.
30% - Production Management: Supervise department operations, including safe, efficient manufacturing of quality products to serve our customers within budget; work closely with Hammond Team Leaders on overall success of Hammond site. Oversee product quality to ensure customer satisfaction. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
30% - Continuous Improvement: Identify and implement process/procedure optimization and improvements, including safety, food safety, capacity, cost, energy, maintenance and reliability, etc. Plan and prepare capital requests for department equipment and projects, manage implementation. Interface between resources outside of the packaging area such as engineering, cPDG, SSNA, etc.
10% - Compliance: Ensure compliance with Cargill, federal, state and local regulations, policies, procedures, including all E,H&S, food safety, ie behavior based safety, safety permits, HACCP, GMP's, etc.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 4 year college degree in Engineering (ChemE or ME) or applicable job experience AND 5 years technical, production management or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing change; developing a strong culture of accountability and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and develop talent.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, ie E,H&S, M&R, Procurement.
- 8 years technical, production management or supervisory experience.
- Previous food industry experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience with process unit operations preferably in dry powders
- Project facilitation experience.
- HHP experience (PSM, PHA, LOPA, etc)
- Lean manufacturing methodology and six sigma knowledge.
- Knowledge of food safety, GMPs, and HACCP.
Primary Location US-IN-Hammond
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Packaging Area Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly