Financial Process Improvement Sr. Analyst
Financial Process Improvement Sr. Analyst-WIC03633 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The purpose of this role is serve as the primary accounting and finance partner to the CBS centers. This role lead continuous improvement efforts to drive process optimization and improve the efficiency of accounting and finance activities. This role will partner with leaders (e.g. CBS, A&F, FP&A and other COEs) to help develop and maintain an industry leading finance function through process simplification, standardization and optimization of accounting and financial processes. This position will look for opportunities to leverage the use of shared services finance activities to better support the business. This role will provide a qualified candidate an opportunity to help develop the future state processes enabling the integration and improved efficiency of the CPS Protein Group businesses. This role will also gain exposure to finance leaders in Cargill which will allow for the development of a strong network within Cargill.
60% - Continuous Improvement
- Leads continuous improvement efforts to drive process optimization and improve the efficiency of accounting and finance activities
- Partners with leaders (e.g. CBS, A&F, FP&A and other COEs) to develop and maintain an industry leading finance function through process simplification, standardization and optimization of accounting and financial processes.
- Responsible for leading and implementing shared service optimization opportunities within financial reporting.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve the standardization and overall usefulness of reporting processes and outputs within the Cargill Protein Group.
- Under minimal oversight, analyzes, develop and implements sustainable financial process improvements.
- Provide coaching, feedback and recognition to ensure the team is meeting the finance objectives. Inspire a shared sense of purpose and direction with excitement for the future.
- Develops process flow charts. Assist in development of system documentation.
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Continuously analyzes and measures the effectiveness of improvements, and recommends additional improvements to applications, processes and procedures that are less defined.
- Research and identify best industry practices in shared services and recommend process and organizational design are aligned to it
- Supports the implementation and execution of key controls in our processes, ensuring that our accounting/operational processes are in compliance with GAAP, Cargill's policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
25% - Business and Shared Service Partnership
- Facilitate working discussions, maintain an open partnership with users to identify and solve gaps
- Monitor CBS metrics to activity seek to discuss performance risks and successes and partner for improvement. Work with the FSS regional lead and the CBS sites to ensure successful execution of plans
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are systematically captured and shared across the different teams
- Conduct and participate in frequent shared service reviews, including analyzing and discussing the key insights and metrics from results of execution of tasks
- Identify risk in key processes. Work with key stakeholders to escalate, develop mitigating actions to ensure that the day to day processes will occur without impact to the accounting operations
- Collaborates with Data/BI, and IT to drive the use of new visualization tools/technologies needed to drive simplification, automation, standardization and general improvement across the accounting and financial framework
- Collaborate with other accounting and finance members across the region and enterprises. Be the key contact to help address process improvement.
- Collaborative across business process (PRTP, OTSC, RTR) owners and providers to streamline processes and ensure accountability for accurate business financial statements.
- Partner with controls advisor to address any audit issues and proactively set up processes to ensure future risks are mitigated.
- Assist in leading the execution of the finance transformation plan and ensuring the expectations of the corporation are met
- Will foster the relationship between the business and the FSS to ensure a successful transition of services between the two parties
15% - Leadership and Change Management
- Influence stakeholders to take action. Instill a culture where every team member strives to identify and implement process simplification, standardization, and improvement opportunities.
- Challenge the status quo. Explore new ways in financial activity execution.
- Build capability and business knowledge with share service partners
- Manage to outcomes by holding partners able
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally only.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 5 years accounting/financial reporting experience
- Continuous Improvement focus
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Attention to detail & deadline drive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with all levels of the organization, across time zones, and with global partners
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- Holding others accountable
- Familiarity with SAP/JDE and other integrated business systems
- Finance and Accounting degree
- CPA, MBA, or other advanced certificate or degree in finance/accounting
- Experience with shared service migrations
- MADJV experience
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job