Financial Reporting Lead - Cargill Protein Group
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Financial Reporting Lead - Cargill Protein Group-UNI05115 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: Position based in Wichita, KS, however, open to remote work locations.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
This position is responsible for leading the financial reporting team for the Cargill Protein Group. Responsibilities include delivering financial information to internal stakeholders (CFR, Tax, CPS A&F Enterprise Lead, Reporting and Financial Mgr., Country Controller, etc.), consolidating the four business units financial reporting into one team, seek improvements and close gaps, as well as partnering closely with A&F Operations, Data/BI, and Decision Support Leaders to accurately prepare financial statements. The activities related to financial reporting including forecasting/planning preparation closing and analysis, margin reporting, and various other retained financial activities, which will ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP requirements, corporate and legal policies, and legal and statutory requirements. This role will also include optimizing the Financial Reporting team through continuous improvement and FSS migration activities. The person who takes on this role will be required to understand the key value drivers of the business and ensure that the impact of these value drivers are appropriately stated in the financial results. This role requires strong financial knowledge, business acumen, influencing, and change management skills. It is imperative that this person is a strong leader, with the ability to drive efficient, well controlled top-quartile financial services to and on behalf of the business. This role will also require very effective people and change leadership skills, strong understanding of the functions and systems in Cargill, a track record of effective collaboration, and bias for continuous improvement.
60% Financial Reporting:
• Demonstrate strong financial reporting skills to gather financial data, evaluate, and analyze financial statements and schedules. Keep pace with changing relevant regulations, standards, and business factors that may impact the group's financial performance.
• Accountable for accurate monthly financial reporting and financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flows, that reflect the activities of the business.
• Conduct monthly reporting and business financial reviews, including analyzing and discussing the key insights from the actual financial results with the business, preparing early bird estimates and other monthly financial reporting requirements, and assisting with financial projections.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis of business performance.
• Partner effectively with FP&A to share financial results and identify opportunities for improved results.
• Partner with FSS to identify opportunities to leverage the use of shared services.
• Ensure optimization of financial reporting across the business group.
• Hold self and team accountable for delivering strong results including continuous improvement across the accounting and finance team.
• Provide technical accounting expertise for MADJV activities, as needed, in collaboration with relevant functions and partners.
• Must ensure all current reporting requirements are met as well as helping to develop, implement and align the new reporting requirements based on the Protein Group strategy.
• Collaborates with team to manage corporate accounting and internal/external auditor requests.
• Champion efforts to ensure controls and compliance measures are in place for all reported financial information.
• Partner with FP&A, A&F leadership team, and FSS to prepare corporate budget and provide visibility of business results.
• Understand commodity and foreign exchange risk positions and ensure accurate representation in the financial statements.
• Respond to ad hoc requests from FP&A, enterprise, and business.
20% Change Leadership through Process Optimization and Technology driven decision making:
• Provide leadership and partner with other functional teams to establish the ongoing development of financial reporting that support the business decisions and strategic goals.
• Create an approach which aligns with the strategy of the enterprise and finance job family.
• Lead team through change by identifying and implementing process simplification, standardization and improvement while proactively pursuing shared services optimization.
• Assist in leading the Protein Group accounting and finance transformation by ensuring timely completion and communication of key milestones to stakeholders.
• Address fragmentation of work and span of control optimization across multiple business and product groups.
• Will help leadership team migrate work, FP&A work, and alignment in team to appropriate accounting and finance processes.
• Inspire and lead financial reporting team to ensure we have a high performing team capable of initiating change and driving results.
• Leverage process and technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
20% Business Partnership:
• Provide ongoing financial expertise and information to the leadership team and other business teams.
• Collaborate with other accounting and finance leads across enterprises in North America.
• Work closely with the Accounting and Finance Leader, other Accounting and Finance Leadership team members, and the FP&A team, to achieve the finance objectives.
• Partner with controls lead to address any audit issues and proactively set up processes to ensure future risks are mitigated.
• Partner with Data/BI team to ensure proper data governance for business activities and proper alignment with data standards
• Collaborative across business process (PRTP, OTSC, RTR) owners and providers to streamline processes and ensure accountability for accurate business financial statements.
• Build capability and business knowledge with shared service partners
• Manage to outcomes by holding partners able.
• Champion and lead change management activities for finance activities and processes.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
• 6 years' experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• 3 years' of experience analyzing and presenting financial data
• Proven accounting/finance leader; with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Preference with experience with multiple businesses and/or international business experience.
• Demonstrated change agility
• Highly effective people and change leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to partner and engage with centers of expertise (Tax, CFR, Audit, HR, IT)
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control
• Dependent on current location/situation, ability to travel as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• CPA, MBA, or other advanced certificate or advanced accounting/finance degree
• Experience in JDE and/or SAP
• Demonstrated ability for continuous improvement
• Experience leading significant change
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-TX-Dallas, US-FL-Miami, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Houston, United States, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Financial Reporting Lead - Cargill Protein Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly