Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Warehouse Supervisor performs the functions required to lead a warehouse safely and efficiently. This position must be flexible where changing business needs are concerned and must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective leader. The Supervisor's responsibilities encompass all aspects of the Customer Service and Warehouse functions and include daily interaction with external, as well as internal, customers. The Warehouse Supervisor must ensure the highest levels of safety, accuracy, quality, and efficiency while working within the prescribed Nestle culture and philosophies. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for creating and promoting a safe and effective work environment that allows the warehouse, as well as all support teams (i.e., logistics, product supply, inventory control, customer service, etc.) to achieve success in delighting their customers and contributing to the improvement in NDSD's gross margin return on sales. This role requires proven leadership skills, experience in developing teams and individuals, continuous improvement of processes and, consistent achievement of performance results. Experience with customer service, expense control and capital/asset management is also preferred.
o Lead and motivate a team of warehouse employees
o Develop and work within the warehouse budget of controllable expenses (i.e. labor, supplies, repairs, freight lanes and material damages) to achieve operational goals.
o Lead in a manner that encourages engagement and develops the Nestle Continuous Excellence model (Nestlé's continuous process that encompasses LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM principles)
o Provide effective training and motivation as well as consistent performance feedback to warehouse employees.
o Facilitate team meetings and operational reviews. Encourage and facilitate team decision making and coach teams in the ways of consensus building and information sharing.
o Facilitate regular one-on-one meetings with each employee to discuss and determine career paths, and performance. Ensure follow-up of all relevant points.
o Support and drive Teams/Business Unit by setting goals and implementing action plans to reach those goals. Ensure Team input in goal-setting strategies and attainment plans.
o Provide and discuss daily/weekly/monthly performance results through our operational review process.
o Manage staffing by both the most cost effective and performance efficient means possible.
o Comply with and ensure all company safety policies and procedures are being followed by teams. Lead by example.
o Take an active role to ensure personal safety and the safety of others is never compromised through participation with the RDC Safety Team and other safety related initiatives and programs.
o Ensure teams are working within the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Food Safety program.
o Complete and document all food safety and quality checks as required by our various quality programs and standards.
o Actively participate in preventing and correcting quality related errors.
o Lead, communicate, and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company's management philosophy and culture. Model and coach appropriate interactive skills.
o Ensure and support facility and department guidelines, processes, and SOP's balancing both business needs and Team Member needs.
o Actively participate in committees and task forces.
o Provide day-to-day communication and support to both our internal and external customers.
o Ensure cross-functional communication and training to promote and establish Team Member growth.
o Possess excellent initiative and ability to multi-task.
o Must be comfortable with computer-based systems and programs and RF functionality.
o Understand staffing models in relation to volume and throughput.
o Research and implement various projects and/or initiatives related to the Business Unit.
Adaptable: Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; adjust behavior to others' styles. Change priorities to meet changing demands. Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
* Change and Innovation: Embrace change as an opportunity, not a problem. Develop and encourage entrepreneurial or non- traditional solutions within the team. Tolerate ambiguity and stress.
* Communication: Organize the communication, ensure understanding, and comprehend communication from others.
* Planning and Organization: Prioritize activities and assignments. Determine tasks and resources and schedule appropriate amounts of time for completing work. Leverage resources.
* Building a Successful Team: Develop team structure, facilitate goal accomplishment and involve others. Track, communicate and perform against the department's KPI's and best practices within your shift and in alignment with the other department's teams.
* Build Strategic Working Relationships: Seek opportunities, clarify the current situation, and develop your own ideas as well as the ideas of your team. Facilitate agreement.
* Building Partnerships/Collaboration: Identify and explore partnership opportunities. Formulate action plans. Manage and work cross-functionally with other departments and sites.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
* 2 to 4 years experience Preferred of frontline supervision, preferably in a distribution, fulfillment and/or large manufacturing environment (frozen food desired).
* Bachelor's degree required; BS or BA Degree in Operations Management, Logistics or Materials Management preferred
Apply for Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly