Senior Project Manager - Technical Applications Group
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Responsible for the efficient, effective and flawless execution of complex Innovation & Renovation (I&R) projects and I&R process improvement initiatives. May also include complex consumer complaint and productivity projects.
Apply project management tools and skills to ensure the on-time launch and flawless execution of complex projects from concept to close (i.e. breakthrough innovation, complex renovations, projects with minor or major investment). Activities include:
- Leading the alignment of the strategy and approach for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing the project with key stakeholders
- Leading the definition and communication of project scope, objectives and expectations
- Identifying project resource requirements and escalating resource constraints
- Building and managing the project schedule, defining the critical path, tracking activities to ensure functional team members are meeting agreed upon deadlines, generating and communicating status reports, and escalating critical issues.
- Preventive management of roadblocks and generation of risk mitigation plans
- Coordinating and facilitating project meetings including kick-off meetings, project team meetings, risk assessments, lessons learned, post launch reviews and additional meetings as required
- Providing transparency and communication on project status and risks to cross functional team members, Project Management Lead and business Leadership Team
Responsible for the consistent application, disciplined execution, and continuous improvement of Nestlé's I&R processes and tools. This includes:
- Managing projects and their cross-functional teams through the established processes, including the stage gate process.
- Identifying, documenting and ensuring implementation of process improvements
- Driving proper and consistent use of the stage gate project management tool by: maintaining and ensuring data accuracy, deliverable completion, and documentation as specified by relevant policies and procedures; and continuous improvement through maintenance of templates and supporting documentation
- Meeting established KPI's
- Train and coach cross functions on the process and their key activities to ensure one common language and process
- Establish and support network of cross functional, subject matter experts supporting the I&R process
- Provide support/back up for manager (TAG PMO Manager) such as but not limited to facilitation of meetings, coordination of stage gate activities, portfolio management, standards definition and maintenance.
Project Team Leadership:
Apply leadership, coaching and influencing skills to manage cross-functional teams and drive projects forward, ensuring time and resources are used effectively and efficiently to meet project and business objectives. Including, coaching and mentoring of Project Managers to build their skill sets
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Minimum BA/BS required
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification a plus
- Minimum 10 years of cross functional experience including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, Technical Applications Group, Research & Development, Marketing (includes a minimum 3-5 years of effective project management experience dependent on function)
- Experience with stage gate methodology preferred
- Prior CPG experience preferred
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effectively collaborates and influences people at all levels in the organization through strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Developed coaching skills - develop leaders across multiple functions - project managers and cross functional teams
- Highly-developed project management skills and project management software proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently is necessary.
- Ability to manage and lead teams
- Highly-developed facilitation skills
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to manage conflict and drive resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a high-volume, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Focused on results, proactive, service oriented
- Ability to drive for results through effective leadership and coaching skills
- Quick sifting abilities (focuses project team and stakeholders on the top priorities - can focus on high level and detail level, knowing which is appropriate)
- Ability to identify links between facts, ideas and situations that have no obvious connection
- Ability to self-direct and manage ambiguity
- Developed change management skills and proven ability to challenge the status quo
- •Excellent oral and written communication skills
- •Developed relationship building skills
Apply for Senior Project Manager - Technical Applications Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly