Senior Food Technologist - Deli
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you
The Sr. Food Technologist will provide technical product development knowledge and services to support the development of new or improved products and processes, with special emphasis on Frozen and Chilled Food Sauce Technology. Develop new and improving existing products, ingredients and processes by applying technical, Food Science and culinary skills. Capable of working at a rapid pace to respond to external and internal demands while simultaneously handling multiple project requirements. Possesses the ability to interact successfully with Marketing and Business Development teams, Chefs, the Commercial and technical communities and co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely products. Demonstrates exceptional organizational, communication, problem solving and project management skills in interactions with immediate team members, cross-functional groups and external customers. Demonstrates initiative, leadership and is able to work independently and within a cohesive team environment. Able to thrive in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment that encompasses end-to-end development (concept and exploration through manufacturing scale up, start up and process optimization).
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize product design of assigned projects.
• Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test work, resource management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes).
• Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support development and commercialization of assigned products.
• Utilize computer systems (excel, nutritional & labeling databases, departmental and Global Nestle systems).
• Participate in team and departmental activities (taste panels, shelf life panels, meetings, timetable).
• Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Sales, Culinary and Business Development Partners, Commercialization and Manufacturing Services contacts.
• Assist in training of new hires and mentoring of interns.
• Maintain and improve technical, culinary and professional skills through completion of appropriate training and activities.
• Generate value analysis/process improvement ideas on an ongoing basis.
• Provide clear and concise direction to technicians regarding daily test work.
• Complete hands on bench work as needed to achieve project goals and meet timelines.
• Maintain a clean, organized and professional work station and shared resource area.
• Champion assigned products through the Nestle Professional systems.
• Manage projects to achieve sample accuracy and FTQ (First time quality).
• Maintain knowledge base of assigned key Custom accounts and maintenance products.
At the direction of the Product Development Manager, plans and conducts test work and activities to achieve objectives of the Frozen Nestle Professional Branded and Custom Commercial groups. Receives specific product development input also from Marketing, Business Development, PD Chefs, Sales or Manufacturing Services groups.
Provides direction to Product Development technicians in the development of value-added new products and improvement of existing products, ingredients and processes. Provides direction to cross-functional groups in the scale up and commercialization of new products and renovations. Prioritizes projects with input from manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science/Technology or related field. Excellent technical, communication and critical thinking skills.
4 years food industry experience with a Master of Food Science or Technology degree or 6 years frozen food industry experience with a Bachelor of Science Food Science/Technology degree. Food Services and/or Culinary work experience is a plus.
• Strong project management and organizational skills are necessary, as well as good communication skills.
• Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt easily to changing project needs and demonstrate success in a both culinary and production facility environments.
• The individual must have good creative, problem solving and organizational skills, and able to successfully complete multiple, simultaneous projects requiring short timelines
Apply for Senior Food Technologist - Deli
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly