Application Architect - Time & Attendance/Payroll
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Application Architect - Time & Attendance/Payroll-REG01356 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Application Architect ensures the HR Time & Attendance and Payroll applications functional/technical areas are well understood and managed from an end-to-end perspective and in alignment with the portfolio roadmap(s), and region and global business priorities. This position will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the application (or suite of applications) and will partner with Portfolio Solution Architects to facilitate alignment with global portfolio architecture and enterprise-wide architecture standards. This position is entrusted to proactively identify data requirements, application requirements, security/privacy requirements as well as infrastructure requirements and/or impacts and work with Technical Architects to address.
Utilizing a strong expertise in HR business processes and the Time & Attendance and Payroll applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed/procured are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Application Architect is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible', and driving innovation investments throughout the assigned regional portfolio(s). This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.Principal Accountabilities:
50% - Architecture Planning and Development:
- Owns the conceptual, logical and Physical Architecture for an application (i.e. Kronos, ADP)
- Responsible for ensuring the security architecture meets the requirements provided via TGRC
- Responsible for the technical architecture for solutions within their scope
- Primary contact for the vendor(s) of your application(s) (including open source distribution vendors)
- Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor of your application(s) roadmap (including open source distribution vendors)
- Support end-to-end application architecture integrity and the functional relationship across multiple projects and/or applications
- Develops solution conceptual designs and solution blueprints
- Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support.
- Responsible for maintaining solution integrity through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases
- Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
- Partners with the Portfolio Architect(s) to understand the application architecture for all capabilities within the HR portfolio (meaning the application portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap
- Ensures region application architecture aligns with portfolio architecture and Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
30% - Business Partnership:
- Work with regional BRMs and businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, business analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate application(s) capability needs.
- Responsible for the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the application based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% - Architecture
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the assigned application(s) including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% - IT Innovation & Delivery:
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the application(s) based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met
- Assist in the design of new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Participates in disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 8 years business experience with diverse operational, development and business roles
- 3 years experience with business process design and improvement; knowledge of HR solutions
- Experience collaborating with regional teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
- Business fluency in English
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Working knowledge of Kronos and/or ADP applications
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Application Architect - Time & Attendance/Payroll
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly