Material and External Manufacturing Planner
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Material and External Manufacturing Planner-MIL00850 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is a member of the CCNA Operations Team and is responsible for (1) co-manufacturing planning and relationship management; (2) packaging and non-commodity material planning coordination; and (3) the business “Source to Pay” process. This role performs a wide variety of specialized and general duties that are required to plan and procure indirect materials and ingredients. This position will help enable the profitable growth of the business by supporting cross-functional teams in realizing new commercial opportunities, as well as finding efficiencies and cost savings opportunities in our supply chain. This role requires an extensive understanding and knowledge of Source to Pay processes, procurement execution and material planning for operations. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to migrate efficiently through complex systems and data. The ideal candidate will also be a strong communicator, is highly motivated, and can simultaneously manage multiple high priority projects.
40% Co-Manufacturing Planning and Relationship Management
- Work with CCNA Commercial Team to align on co-manufactured product demand
- Plan and coordinate supply of co-manufactured products and inventory to meet this demand.
- Plan ingredient and packaging needs as applicable and coordinate with Co-Manufacturers.
- Ensure necessary Process Orders and other Inventory Movement transactions are executed
- Work closely with CCNA Commercial Team to manage commercial relationships with Co-Manufacturers to include price negotiation and contracting, contract/agreement management, communication, and product development. Hold Co-Manufacturers accountable to negotiated Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all Source to Pay processes are being managed for Co-Manufacturers
- Supports Commercial Team in the identification and evaluation of new strategic co-manufacturing partnerships to enable product line growth.
- Assess continuous improvement opportunities to drive process improvement
30% Packaging and Ingredient Material Planning Coordination.
- Coordinate with Facility Production Planners to understand general P&I material resource planning(MRP) practices and procedures to identify areas of process improvement and opportunities for efficiency gain
- Be actively involved in the planning of CCNA packaging needs for Consumer Products Lines and interface/coordinate with Cargill Strategic Sourcing and Procurement.
- Work with Co-Manufacturers on Packaging needs
- Manage non-commodity ingredient planning exceptions
- Work with CCNA Pricing Links Data Analyst to ensure ingredient prices are maintained, routinely updated, and reflect expected risk premiums for market volatility
- Work with local production planning teams to ensure a forward plan for commodity ingredients is created and communicated to internal procurement group
- Enable speed-to-market in the commercialization of new products by advising and coordinating the sourcing of new micro-ingredients where required
30% “Source to Pay” Business Process Manager (BPM)
- The BPM is a key role in the CCNA Business Process Organization(BPO)
- Knowledgeable of Source to Pay localized Business procedures that meet the operational requirements of the Business but are aligned with Enterprise processes
- Monitors Source to Pay KPIs for CCNA—Creates and responds with corrective actions when process performance goals are not being met. Escalates “challenging to solve” issues to the Source to Pay Business Process Owner.
- Drives improvement of Source to Pay Processes
- Is key point of contact for Source to Pay Super Users making sure the Super User community is maintained, effective and has the proper tools and training.
- Is the key link to Source to Pay stakeholders in Cargill Functions—Cargill Strategic Sourcing and Procurement(CSSP), Cargill Business Services(CBS) and Financial Shared Services(FSS)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 5 years experience in Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledgeable of Material Resource Planning and Procurement Processes
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP systems
- Demonstrated leader in their current role;
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations for continuous improvement to senior management and BU Leadership Team
- Strong excel and report development skills
- Ability to assess opportunities in the business and apply procurement/supply chain related solutions
- Process oriented
- Broad perspective - ability to see beyond the boundaries of his/her responsibilities or function
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach other employees
- Ability to respond quickly, present a concise recommendation and defend it
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong learning capacity
- Strong change management skills
- MCIPS, CSPM or equivalent certification
- 4 Year BS/BA Degree
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SAP
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Material and External Manufacturing Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly