2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Manager-FOR02893 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill is seeking an individual to perform the functional role of a project manager. This position is located at our Fort Worth, TX facilities. The primary function for this position is for project development and management with responsibility for capital and maintenance projects (full life cycle; design, approval, construction, start-up) as well as process optimization and troubleshooting for both the 1301 chub/frozen IQF grind facility and 5-star cooked meats facility. This position may also be responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing Associate Engineers and Engineering Intern students. This role will report to Fort Worth Grind Maintenance Manager with a dotted line to the Cooked Meats Maintenance Manager.
30% Project Leadership: Leadership and mentorship of the project management for both capital and expense job requests. Identify and implement best practices for project management. Facilitate reviews and provide mentorship, coaching, and development for team members.
30% Project Planning: Develop various options to achieve project objectives. Develop capital budget, schedule, operating costs, and benefits for each option. Perform financial analysis on each option and select best option. Write commitment and project charter for funding approval. Accountable for proper project management, including business case, work plan, schedule, budget, resource plan, communication plan, contractor documentation, change plan, and risk plan.
15% Project Execution/Construction Management: Successfully manage and monitor progress to ensure project objectives are delivered on time and within buget, manage contingency plans and scope changes. Insuring adherence with safety requirements, schedule, and capital budget.
15% Project Control: Measure and Monitor project progress and identify variances from the plan and make corrections. Accountable for keeping project sponsors an stakeholders ware of status of projects.
10% Project Commissioning and start-up support to operations. Assist operations with troubleshooting, problem solving and optimization.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or other engineering discipline that has a strong foundation in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, mass/material balance and process design or 3 years engineering and/or project managment experience, preferably in the food industry
- Strong collaboration, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to technically advise, troubleshoot and appropriately set priorities
- High levels of organization, communication and documentation skills to be successful.
- Awareness level knowledge of contracting strategies (stipulated sum, Equipment Purchase Sale Agreement (EPSA), Time and Material (T&M) etc.) PI, AutoCAD, MS Project.
- Cargill's Construction Project Management course, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) training, food safety training, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30 hour construction training.
- Experience outside of project engineering, such as operations, Process Development Group (PDG), and maintenance.
- Demonstrated and proven ability to execute projects (nominally $1MM or more).
- Working knowledge of Cargill Process Delivery Process (PDP), Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) and Build processes.
- Proven ability to drive results, operate outside of comfort zone with minimal oversight
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location US-TX-Fort Worth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly