Sr. Energy Analyst - Cargill Energy, Transportation, & Metals
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Energy Analyst - Cargill Energy, Transportation, & Metals-HOU00406 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Internal Energy Services (IES) team manages energy exposure for Cargill's North American businesses and production facilities located in the United States, Canada and Mexico, pursuant to Cargill Risk Committee approved hedge programs for natural gas, electricity and transportation fuel. This position will be responsible for fundamental energy market analysis in support of IES desk point of view (POV). Responsibilities include building and maintaining models for hedging decisions, assisting to identify market opportunities and strategies to achieve performance objectives defined under any hedge pool, and providing market intelligence/information/updates for external risk management activities. This position is based in Minneapolis or Houston, with preference to Minneapolis.
Supply and Demand Modeling and Analysis - 50%:
• Build, maintain and manage supply and demand models for the North American natural gas markets focusing primarily on the Nymex with regional analysis as requested.
• Leverage pipeline scrape data to monitor, model and forecast natural gas supply and demand from various sectors such as electric utilities, industrial and residential and commercial sectors.
• Monitor fundamental factors affecting the natural gas markets such as shale gas development, infrastructure developments; regional and national production, consumption trends and imports/exports, and incorporate into the supply/demand outlook.
• Monitor fundamental factors affecting the petroleum markets such as OPEC activity, geo-political factors, global and national production, consumption trends and imports/exports, and incorporate into supply/demand outlook.
• Work with other analytics teams across Cargill and ETM to monitor developments in other commodities and share energy market intelligence.
Strategy and Customer Support - 40%
• Support risk management programs by building tools to analyze and capture hedging opportunities based on performance objectives
• Work with energy teams to develop risk reward understanding of various hedge opportunities including documentation and support for any RMG/CRC requests/approvals
• Develop and maintain tools to effectively communicate market fundamentals with stakeholders and customers
Other Duties - 10%
• Work with other analyst teams to develop new supply/demand models to support hedging or trading
• Coordinate with ETM Analysts to bring connected macro outlook to the analysis
• Any other duties as assigned
• Degree required in a quantitative subject (e.g., finance / economics / mathematics/ engineering or physical science) and 2 years of North American energy markets exposure (including experience in supply demand modeling, publishing analytical reports)
• Commercial acumen to understand and define the significance of various pieces of data and analysis for hedging decisions
• Demonstrated track record in analytics
• Demonstrated team working capabilities
• Quantitative modeling skills
• Strong IT skills: Excel skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Master's Degree in a quantitative subject (e.g., finance / economics / mathematics/ engineering or physical science)
• 3 years' experience as part of a front desk analytical team
• Experience working with customers and developing business relationship(s)
• Knowledge of Cargill business units
• Knowledge of financial derivatives
• Database skills (SQL)
Job Trading & Merchandising
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Other Locations US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Energy Analyst - Cargill Energy, Transportation, & Metals
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly