1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Communications Consultant-WAY05667 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This communications professional is responsible for creating and implementing communications strategies that are aligned with the strategic goals and business objectives of the Cargill Business Operations & Supply Chain organization (includes Environment, Health & Safety; Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory; Plant Operations; Research & Development; Transportation & Logistics; Strategic Sourcing & Procurement; and Supply Chain Planning). Initially, the communications professional will focus primarily on using his/her communications and change communications knowledge to formalize and manage the communications programs within a specific function. This includes advising and assisting the the leadership team on effective use of communication tools and channels to enhance leadership effectiveness, align and support business partners, ensure functional clarity, build and maintain a sense of job family, and promote employee engagement. In addition, this professional will manage various internal communications channels and will have opportunities to develop external communications, including leadership presentations, and customer- and supplier-focused communications.
This communications professional role will include a mix of change and communications that support the global Business Operations & Supply Chain strategy, along with ongoing internal communications for specific functions within the Business Operations & Supply chain organization.
30% Support efforts to build the BOSC communications strategy, align and integrate function communications efforts within BOSC:
- Contribute to the development of and execution against the BOSC communications strategy, internal and external.
- Provide cross-support to other BOSC function areas.
- Lead moderate/low complexity BOSC communications and change projects as requested with limited oversight.
- Promote BOSC integration as it progresses through effective communicaions.
- External communications support with key Cargill stakeholders (customers, suppliers, media, etc), partnering with Corporate Affairs and other Cargill communicators as necessary.
50% Enable effective stakeholder communications for the function within Business Operations & Supply Chain:
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the function's communications strategy, in alignment with that of Business Operations & Supply Chain.
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve the portfolio of function communications channels.
- Write high-quality communications content for formal Cargill and function channels.
- Develop communications plans to drive deployment of and execution against key functional priorities & programs.
- Partner with IT and other functions to establish, maintain and improve communication channels for the function and Cargill, including but not limited to websites (internal and external), social media and SharePoint sites. Share those learnings/improvements across BOSC.
- Develop communication tools & templates that enable key function and business stakeholders, including leaders, to effectively lead through change.
- Develop and manage communications to enhance key customer and supplier experiences.
- Serve as a “community moderator” for internal communication channels, including Cargill's social collaboration tool, Yammer.
- Analyze and review measures of communication effectiveness to drive continuous improvement. Leverage measurement tools and tactics across other BOSC communications channels as appropriate.
20% Provide communications support for leadership team members and/or specific strategic initiatiaves
- Support the function leaders with development of external presentations and communications, working with Corporate Affairs as necessary.
- Assist other leaders with refinement of external communications (presentations, articles, etc.).
- Provide counsel to ensure Cargill's brand, reputation and visual identity guidelines are met.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, public relations, marketing communications or related field
- 5 years of communications or related experience
- Strong news judgement, and writing and communication skills for general audiences
- Experience with internal communications and public relations
- Basic understanding of Sharepoint for digital communications
- Understanding of change management and change communications techniques and practices
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Excellent grammar with solid knowledge of AP style
- Experience with change management and change communications practices
- Basic knowledge of supply chain principles and practices
- Experience working with global and multi-cultural teams
- Intermediate project management expertise
- Experience developing digital communications strategies
- User experience and information architecture familiarity and skills to maintain and update website
- Experience creating and maintaining websites in Sharepoint 2013
- Comfortable with networking and building relationships
- Knowledge and interest in social media and social collaboration tools
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including international travel if necessary
- Ability to interpret complex information and provide a clear concise summary of information
- Ability to understand and use technology for effective stakeholder communications
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and handle multiple priorities at any one time
- Ability to work by influence, not mandate/authority, at various organizational levels
- Strong team player with ability to work cross-functionally
- Self-starter, curious, eager to learn
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Communications Consultant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly