Pre-Sales Representative - Full Time - 48 HR/WK - Washington, DC
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As one of “The World's Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Pre-Sales Representative's (PSR) primary function is to maximize sales of Nestlé products at various customer sites and provide excellent customer service through safe and effective planning, selling, ordering, and in store servicing while demonstrating sound safety practices. The PSR identifies and acts on selling opportunities, makes secondary placements, gains extra displays, uses Point of Sale (POS), and makes effective sales presentations through use of sales data. This role works directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high level of sales and customer service is provided in retail accounts. Pre-Sales Representatives are one of the primary main contacts at a store and responsible for all accounts assigned within a designated territory in partnership with Delivery Drivers and Merchandisers. The position requires driving to grocery store customers in a personal vehicle, for which mileage reimbursement will be provided per company policy.
• Identify and act on selling opportunities, utilize problem solving techniques to respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, participate in store resets when necessary, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use Point of Sale, make effective sales presentations and effective use of sales data.
• To drive new sales and maximize customer relations: establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, adhere to route schedule (Deliver, Merchandise and Order, also known as “DMO”), properly order authorized product, maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic and ensure proper display, rotation and pricing or all products, manage out of stocks, replace outdated or damaged product, execute promotional displays, maintain company owned equipment, and properly handle paperwork.
• Follow operational standard procedures that outline route schedules, merchandising principles, filling frozen shelves with product, rotating product regularly, and front facing product.
• Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, specifically Delivery Drivers and Merchandisers, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, and proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
• Attend monthly district meetings, participate in daily meetings with management and prepare company documentation as required.
• Drive personal vehicle to customers on an assigned route to drive revenue growth by maximizing sales strategy to grow brand/product revenue, market share, and profit.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Effective sales and presentation skills to drive for results and win in the marketplace
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, and motor vehicle report.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to use computer ordering equipment
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 1-2 years of Selling experience preferred.
• 1-2 years of DSD/Consumer Package Goods industry/Grocery experience preferred
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Apply for Pre-Sales Representative - Full Time - 48 HR/WK - Washington, DC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly