Controller - Corporate Accounts
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Controller - Corporate Accounts
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Sales - Corporate Accounts
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With annual sales of CHF 6.7 billion (EUR 6.22 billion / USD 6.91 billion) in fiscal year 2015/16, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, engaged, organized self-starter with strong analytic and technical skills. Support the division in the development, analyses and presentation of financial data relevant for decision-making. Will work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Operations Leads in establishing a financial information protocol process that will enable business unit leads in their day-to-day management. Establishment of key financial disciplines within the group as well as development, monitoring of budgets will be imperative. Demonstrates the ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative.
- Full financial management responsibility for the Corporate Accounts Business Unit, including financial reporting and budget
- Provide financial leadership to the corporate team to help create and execute financial plans, goals and objectives
- Analyze profitability by customer and products and identify opportunities for improvement; work with sales managers on opportunities to drive margin improvement while maintaining business
- Develop and manage the annual financial operating plan including monthly forecasts, periodic objectives, financial reporting and reconciliations and variance analysis
- Partner with Corporate sales team on cost savings initiatives across accounts, products, or other variables contributing to margin growth
- Support the business development efforts with sales for new business, RFPs, and other select opportunities where in depth financial analysis is needed.
- Lead change management initiatives and promote certain existing or non-existing behaviors, habits or attitudes that help generate success
- Support and represent sales in the investment and manufacturing cost analysis for customer driven projects.
- Support and participate in quarterly OPS preparation and presentation of performance for Corporate Accounts division
- Participate in customer/commercial plans, customer presentations, and account management discussions when needed, and for future development
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration plus 6-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Foodservice Industry preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desired
- Strong Budgeting, investment and variance analysis, and strategic project analysis experience
- Enthusiastic team member able to be flexible and adaptable to changing business and organizational demands and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with various levels of staff and management within company
- Ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and effectiveness, and complete projects with a high level of accuracy
- Expert proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- SAP BW system knowledge, an asset
- Self-starter, independent thinker
- Initiative - take action before being requested to do so
- Teamwork and Cooperation - be part of a team, working together seeking ideas and opinions for planning and decision-making
- Special Knowledge Expertise - mastery of accounting and finance principles
- Analytical Thinking - systematically identifies and understands problems
Apply for Controller - Corporate Accounts
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly